AT&T / at&t contract violation and overcharge

I moved to a new address last month and asked ATT to transfer my phone number to my new address. After moving, ATT claimed they had to give me a temporary number and proceeded to charge me for it and then charge me for CHANGING the temporary number to my old existing number. I'm not paying for something I didn't ask for. I did NOT ask for the temporary number nor did I ask for a number change. I simply asked them to TRANSFER my existing number to a new address.

That's the first problem. The second problem is with the quad package I ordered. I ordered landline service, wireless cellphone service, dishnetwork tv, and DSL for about $180 a month. So far, ATT has billed me separately for the landline service and a whopping $343 for cellphone service that doesn't even work half the time!!

The third problem is that ATT is preventing my ISP from giving me the SAME EXACT DSL service I had before I ordered the quad package. After telling me I would have to pay a $100 deposit to get DSL, ATT canceled the DSL part of the quad package and reduced it to a triad package so that I could continue with my ISP's DSL service. But my isp says that ATT refuses to let them give me the DSL service I had before I moved. (My isp orders DSL through ATT.) ATT told my ISP that DSL wasn't in my area even though I moved just two blocks away. I called ATT to ask why and they said DSL is available in my area, that i don't have to pay a $100 deposit anymore and that they put in an order for me. I believe this violates FCC Rules since they are preventing my ISP from giving me service that i had and want to continue to use.

I am not paying this outrageous bill. They're charging me a month in advance for things I DON’T have, CAN’T use, and apparently CAN'T have.

Whoever heard of a $343 cellphone bill?? I only had it since July 12th or something??

Comments

• Br
      22nd of Sep, 2008

I can relate. You see, I had a good service with Pacific Bell, until this corporate monster gobbled them up. Funny thing is, I was still living in the same residence.

• Su
      17th of May, 2009

I have spent countless hours trying to rectify incorrect information with ATT regarding old (5 years) numbers, and numbers that are still being charged to me. At one point, they came up with an amount of over $500.00 on lines that have been canceled through Cingular, and SBC. I found out through hours and weeks of tedious research and phone calls that I have been continuously charged on two different bank accounts (one for wireless only, the other for numerous old numbers in addition to current numbers) for significant amounts related to previously canceled phone numbers. They can find the activation dates, but conveniently, they can't seem to find the cancellation dates. I am at wits' end, and at the end of the line as far as ATT corporate gatekeeping will allow. Is there a Federal Agency that regulates telephone communications? I feel this will be my only recourse in finally resolving my dilemma.