ATT

Posted:

poor att repair service

On 6 March 2011, we discovered our landline home phone line was not working. We called the ATT repair phone number provided. We were then told that it wouldn't be repaired until Wed, March 9, 2011, after 3 PM. We were NOT happy with this delayed response in the first place and called back many times but could not get out of "recorded message" loop. But, nonetheless, we re-arranged our schedules so we would be home. At 5:19 PM, March 9th, we were called by the same repair number (877-737-2478) we had called and were told a technician wouldn't be out now until Thursday, March 10th!! We cannot do this. When we called this same ATT repair number back to complain, we continued to get the recorded message loop. When I finally somehow talked to a real person, she said the computer didn't show anything about such a call to us delaying the on-site repair. What? What kind of service is this? Because of this runaround and VERY, VERY poor service, after all these years with ATT, we intend to terminate our relationship with ATT. But our phone line better be fixed and fast because we are still paying customers!
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Landline & Home Phone Providers

Comments

N  12th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
I am currently having the same problem. On Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2017, I reported that my landline was down and didn't have a dial tone. My next door neighbor is experiencing the same thing. I was informed that restoration may not happen until Sunday, Oct, 15. I tried to contact the service dept today, Thursday, Oct. 12, and was unable to speak to a live person at all, and was constantly routed to automated things that had nothing to offer me. The online chat option was a complete waste of time because they actually don't have an option to chat with someone about this sort of issue. Awful, Awful, Awful. That's putting it mildly. I wasted my lunch period plus 10 minutes. I can't believe there is no way to find out if service can be arranged before Sunday, 4 days after we lost service. Our lines are underground and we haven't even had a storm. Pretty poor system.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree