AT&T / arrangement not honored

Gulf Breeze, FL, United States

Called in about a month ago to arrange a payment arrangement for the early termination fees of our tablet and 2 Gear watches. I was told by the rep that if I could not make the full payment (over $800) by the end of the month to call back and someone could work up another agreement. I called in just as the 1st rep suggested and she explained that as long as I had the balance paid by the 23rd that there wouldn't be any service interruption.
On July 5th, our phones got turned off. I called immediately and explained that we had a payment arrangement until July 23rd. The rep said that there wasn't anything in the notes and that she couldn't do anything for me. If I wanted my service restored that I needed to pay my account in full.
She refused to help me at all.
I have a customer of AT&T's before they were AT&T (Cingular). I have never had my phone service disconnected due to non-payment in over 17 years. I have convinced my husband to cancel his service with Verizon and switch to AT&T.
I want AT&T to understand that their employees might make mistakes. Try listening to your customers issues and take the time to review their account/history before you just assume that they were negligent of any wrongdoing.
Lw