Asurion / bad service

In July of this year, my daughter damaged her cell phone while on vacation in Rhode Island. Asurion sent a new phone to my mother's address in RI. On our way to the airport July 26th, we dropped the pre-paid postage envelope with the pieces in the mail. On 9/10, I noticed a $ 175 charge from Asurion on my checking account. This caused 7 other transactions to overdrawl. I called for a refund which I received for the $175 but when I demanded compensation for the bounce fees they refused. In the mean time 6 more transaction overdrew due to the money going to overdraft fees. So I am out $455 for nothing. When we call we are put on hold for up to an hour each time and then put to a general mailbox.

Va

Comments

• Va
      8th of Oct, 2008

I believe ASURION Insurance Company and Verizon Wireless are intentionally miss leading its customers. Today I had my phone (Motorola Q) examined by a Verizon Wireless technician. I was informed by the tech that the phone is malfunctioning beyond repair however I was insured through ASURION for phone malfunctions. He handed me an Asurion pamphlet for subscribers of Verizon Wireless phones with 'Terms and Conditions'. On the front of the pamphlet it clearly states "Asurion Wireless Phone Protection" LOSS, THEFT, DAMAGE, MALFUNCTION. My claim was denied because my phone is malfunctioning. It doesn't make sense. Ive paid $5 every month for insurance for four years (Thats $240) for nothing. Im sure Im not the only customer that has been taken advantage of, please speak up so we can stop this from happening again.

• Ky
      21st of Mar, 2009

There IS a warranty for damaged phones.. They have a 7 day physical damage warranty.. Outside of those 7 days WILL require a $50 deductible... I don't totally agree with that, and I work for ASURION... See, I strive for customer satisfaction, and I'll do everything I can to make my customers happy.. So whenever you call, hopefully you get lucky and speak with the right person.. And I apologize on behalf of ASURION for poor service...

• Mo
      9th of Apr, 2009

I called today with a claim on two phones. The operator tells me that it's a mfg defect, deductible will be waived on both. Then I get the email from Asurion, and there is a $50 on both phones! I'm waiting for someone from disputes to call me . . .

• Bs
      29th of Apr, 2009

I too had issues with Asurion on my daughters Verizon cell phone. When Verizon pitches the insurance they tell you you will get the exact duplicate to your phone. What they do not tell you is if break your brand new phone you pay insurance on, Asurion sends you a remanufactured phone. After the experience from hell, It was told to me by Asurion they they have 3 tries of sending you a refurb phone before they have to replace it with a brand new one. So at 5$ per month for 12 months (60.00) and the 50.00 fee at replacement...$110.00 gets you a refurbished phone, not a brand new one you have been paying on. and if you happen to find the lost brand new phone after receiving a refurb from Asurion, they will tell you, you no longer own your original brand new phone.
    I no longer pay for insurance on the kids phones. If they lose/ damage it, we turn on an old one.

20th of Oct, 2009

I submitted a claim for a damaged phone, was sent a new phone and a postage paid envelope in to return the damaged phone.

I followed the instructions, put the phone in the envelope and the postal employee that comes into the office of the elementary school where I work personally picked up the mail on August 25, 2009.

Shortly thereafter I received a phone call asking for the damaged equipment. I returned the call, which was to an automated system which prompted me to put in the claim number and the choice which indicated I had returned the equipment.

On September 15th I received a letter stating that the phone had not been received. I immediately called and was told by the representative who took the call that the warehouse had probably not processed it yet. She said she would extend the time and there was no reason to worry.

On October 9, 2009, without any notice, my account was put into a negative balance because my it had been charged $150.00 for a so called non returned phone.

Once again I immediately called and the representative who took my call said he would credit my account and transfer me to someone who would take care of returning the money to my account.

She proceeded to argue with me and ask me to return the phone. I assured her that I had done so and that was why I was calling her. She was even bold enough to tell me that the G1 phone was the most non returned phone. I assured her that there must be a problem with the processing department if I was not the only customer having this problem.

I cannot even begin to express my frustration with this matter. I am hoping that Asurion is an upstanding company who will make restitution as soon as possible.