Aspen Dental / bad faith

1 Webster Square, Main St.Worcester, MA, United States Review updated:

When I first went to Aspen it was ok. They seemed professional, efficient and, well, quite frankly good enough to provide me a replacement for my cracked upper denture. After many appointments, consultations and impressions, a rude letter that I hadn't made my next appointment quickly enough and being pushed to continue treatment before the time was right for me, what was supposed to be the finished product, (after they messed up and made the denture without my prior approval) was HORRIBLE. Not ONE change had been made to the wax model I had greatly disapproved of. I was then told we had to start all over again! I don't think so. I am currently drafting a letter to them to discontinue treatment. Will they harass me for money? Oh, probably. Next step is Attorney General. Thanks.

Rh

Comments

• Na
      30th of Jul, 2008

At my first appointment at Aspen Dental on 537 Lincoln St. in Worcester, they told me I had periodontal disease (gum disease) that would require deep scale cleaning and antibiotics that would cost me $1, 200. I couldn't believe this, since I have been taking good care of my teeth and gums, haven't experienced any symptoms, and didn't meet any of the major risk factors (smoking, genetics, obesity, certain medications and illnesses). I've since seen two other dentists who've inspected my gums and either looked at the x-rays taken at Aspen or took their own, and both concluded that I don't have periodontal disease.

Given that there were signs and articles all over the Aspen office about the problems related to gum disease, I find it very fishy that they would have made an incorrect diagnosis.

In other news, Aspen did do a good job with my fillings. Still, I suspect they may have been taking me for a ride with the gum disease diagnosis. And after reading similar postings all over the place, that suspicion is pretty strong.

3rd of Oct, 2008

suggest u call Rebbecca Peyton @ Mass AG office and report this . I did and she is sending me forms to file complaint against Aspen . The AG office is suing another dental practice for mal practice TEL # 617 963 2147