Aspen Dental / false diagnosis

United States, Rib Mountain WI Review updated:
Aspen Dental
Rib Mountain WI
I have never written a negative review in my life but felt like others who are looking for a local dentist or current patients uneasy with an Aspen diagnosis need to be warned. When I visited Aspen for the first time they diagnosed me with early periodontal disease and the dentist said I had significant bone loss. They rushed me in to meet with the Office Manager to discuss my payment plans for the gum treatment. This surprised me as I'm young, have always had excellent gum and tooth health, am very careful about hygiene and hadn't experienced any symptoms. I went to another dentist for a second opinion today. Both she and the hygienist who examined me and studied the x-rays from Aspen said I didn't have any indications of gum disease at all and my bone level looked totally healthy- which was more consistent with my dental history and past visits to other clinics out of state. There were several things that made me uneasy with Aspen during my visit but was still surprised (though relieved) to hear their diagnosis was untrue. I would recommend a 2nd opinion if Aspen suggests you have work done in your mouth!
Apr 27, 2015

A  19th of Jul, 2015 by
I as well as told that I had periodontal gum disease. I went there because my top molar was chipped and the filling had shifted and wasn't in place anymore and I was in a geat deal of pain and discomfort, so when the dentist sat me down and started examining my mouth she got the tooth pick or scraper out she placed it in between the gum and the tooth itself and proceeded to tell me that she was checking out my gums and it was just routine and that she shouldn't be able to fit the pick down that far in between the tooth an gum so that's what she was doing, then she started and began to rattle of a number for each and every tooth that she checked "A number system of 1-10, 10 being the worst" then she was done with that part then checked the actual tooth that was in pain and said it should be pulled, that stunk but thats not all she then diagnosed me with periodontal gum disease I was shocked because not more than 3 months Prior I had my other top molar extracted for the same reason, so I declinedand and just had it extracted then called my dentist from before and she said that there was no way i had periodontal gum disease!

Aspen Dental Management Logo Aspen Dental Management