Ashley Furniture / slow & incomplete delivery!
We bought a kitchen desk (secretary & hutch) on Sept 10, 2007 at the Winston-Salem store and were told it would arrive in three weeks. Several calls and four delivery dates later and we finally received the item on December 29, 2007. They changed the delivery time three times the day of delivery and took from another customer's order to make ours whole because part of it was missing or damaged. I suspect they had done this with our order and had filled other customer's orders for Christmas with ours, hence the reason for the delays. When the item finally arrived, we asked the delivery folks if it didn't fasten together for safety sake and they said definitely NO. When they had left, we found the assembly instructions in a drawer with four screws but the brackets to attach the desk to the hutch were missing. We called the delivery driver back and they insisted that these brackets didn't exist. Even the store manager at the store made the same claim. I offered to send him a copy of the instructions and diagram send with the furniture showing the missing clamps for the back of the piece. It will probably be months before we ever see these missing parts if we ever get them! Do not buy from this company! If it looks too good to be true, it probably is!
More Ashley Furniture Complaints & Reviews
- Ashley Furniture - peeling leather couch 
- Ashley Furniture - not honoring warranty 
- Ashley Furniture - cancel order 
- Ashley Furniture Homestore` - exchange or refund policy! 
- Ashley Furniture - damaged furniture delivered! 
- Ashley Furniture Industries - sofa sectional
- Ashley Furniture Industries - $4000 worth of junk 
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - leather sectional
- Ashley Furniture Industries - tyler creek dining room table and chairs
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - tempurpedic mattress and adjustable base