Ashley Furniture / do not buy from ashley furniture

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Ashley Home Store SUCKS.
I paid $1, 700 for a sectional couch. Two pieces were delivered, but the third would not fit into my apartment's elevator. I was told the third piece could be "cut in half" so it would fit into the elevator. Fine. Oh and I'd have to pay an extra $200 for this service because I'm supposed to know if the ###ing couch will fit. First of all, the furniture store should be aware enough to ask questions like that, not just to get a sale. Plus, when I bought it I was in the process of moving and would have no way of knowing the dimensions of the elevator.
So, today my disassembled couch was redelivered and guess what, it wouldn't fit AGAIN. Why? Because, duh, the elevator isn't tall enough to fit it. The idiot who took it apart did not spit it in half. All he or she did was take the back off. No ### it won't fit.
So, once again, I am couchless and was told to expect a phone call.
Never buy anything from Ashley Furniture unless you can pick it up yourself. They're delivery is awful. And you will probably be without the furniture you bought for at least a month.
I say, go to IKEA.

Comments

• Ep
      4th of Mar, 2010

If you're stupid enough to buy funiture that doesn't fit inside an elevator that you use every day, then it's your own fault. It's your responsibility to know those little details like, how you're going to get the damn thing inside your house, the width of your doorway, socks first - then shoes. You seriously think that the salesperson should ask "Is this couch too big to get in your apartment?" You fail at life.