Ashley Furniture - Murfreesboro, TN / poor service and arrogant customer service

To Whom It May Concern:

I purchased a bedroom suite and 2 recliners from Ashley Furniture on June 17, 2007. At purchase time, it was promised to me that I would have my furniture delivered by July 28, 2007. I thought this was an extremely long timeline to receive my furniture, but agreed with it due to the history that I have with Ashley Furniture. It is now August 9th, and I still have not received my furniture. After calling the warehouse several times, my husband has had the phone slammed in his face, a very rude customer service representative (Nicole), and an arrogant "manager" (Brock?) that was unwilling to help the situation any, just to name a few incidents.

After no resolution and frustration from the warehouse, my husband and I went to the Ashley Furniture store that we purchased our furniture from and talked with the manager on Saturday night, August 4. He was unable to help us that night and promised to call us with some resolution. We have been playing cat and mouse over the phone with Amanda and Rick Doyle and still (August 9) no resolution or help from Ashley.

I have purchased at least $25,000 worth of furniture from Ashley Furniture over the last 5 years. Since this incident, I have made the decision to never purchase from Ashley again. On Monday, I plan to seek legal counsel and contact the Better Business Bureau for advice, and hopefully, then, I can get this issue resolved.

Comments

• Me
      27th of Aug, 2007

Will Not Deliver On Time, Bad Customer Service, Never Return Calls.

We also bought a lot of furniture from Ashley in Murfreesboro all at once and we're not delivered on time. It was canceled two times. We contacted the store several times and asked to talk to the manager but as always "the manager is not available". It's always lunch time or break time for the manager. And Johnnie Hunter, the Regional Manager, will give you a call back. Guess what? He never does. Does he even exist?

We contacted our credit card issuer and luckily got our money back. Then closed our account so that they can no longer charge anything else to it.

We WILL NEVER EVER step our feet into this place again. Never in my life have ever received such a bad service. Do yourself a favor and stay away also. Tell your friends and family as well.

We bought from Rooms To Go and everything as good as can be. We had several defects and they came right out and replaced it within a week. I would recommend them.

• Hi
      16th of Sep, 2007

I highly doubt that you have had to wait this long for your furniture. $25,000 in five years? Holy crap, do you own mansions or something? I know you are just bad mouthing ashley furniture, there is no way you have had that bad of experience with them. I am sure they told you exactly how long it would be before your furniture would get to you. Ashley usually only takes on average a month to get. Get a life, grow up and tell the truth for once in your life!!

• Br
      5th of Feb, 2008

Ashley Furniture is the worst company I have ever dealt with also.

Most people make one purchase there and they're done dealing with this deplorable company.

• De
      28th of Apr, 2008

Ashley's customer service IS horrible. Do they not realize there are other furniture stores in town? Duh. I bought a simple queen bed and nightstand. They charged me incorrectly for the mattress, which was on sale. I caught the mistake right away but the girls in the Murfreesboro store were clueless about how to issue a simple 67. credit onto my debit card. Not one of them had the "special code" to use on the register. They took 9 days to get the credit to post. HA! And then I asked if they could give me a 10% discount or something on my next purchase, for all the trouble, and guess what those Einsteins said? NO!! How stupid can you be????? I dealt with Amanda, Susan, and every other girl in that store. Dont go there, they have no people or sales skills whatsoever!

• Co
      27th of Sep, 2009

Hi, I'm Cory - I worked at Ashley Furniture and was fired when I was owed a raise. The warehouse manager mentioned, Brock, only started in mid 2006 and had no previous experience.
    Only 3 people applied for the job.
    The store manager, Eric Sanchez, made a false report that I stole something and I was fired.
    Later, when caught lying on the phone by an attorney for the Dept of Labor, the store was fined, and Eric was fired. July 2006.
    As far as furniture being late, its not made in the store or in the warehouse in LaVergne. It is only assembled and delivered from there. Its made in Taiwan and Vietnam and shipments don't come in regularly. When I started work there, in the summer of 2005, they had a backlog of around 800 incomplete orders/deliveries, yet cut everyone's hours to the point of an unlivable wage and then I transferred to the store. One two week pay period consisted of 20 hours and 12 hours.

Despite their claims to the contrary, Ashley furniture is foreign and shipped by a company called Millennium in Georgia, and though some of their furniture is "exclusive", Millennium also does business under another name and works for World Market/Costco.

• Co
      27th of Sep, 2009

On somewhat related side note, it should be known that as of early 2006, regional manager Johnny Hunter had been charged at least four times by female employees of sexual harassment. Since the owners of the franchise he works for are a wealthy gay couple that simply inherited one their father's hotel fortune, it seems they are not exactly cut out to run a business, just had the money to franchise one. Their first store is in Carbondale, IL so beware of that one too, and all three in Tennessee and a fifth one I can't recall (but its also in Illinois somewhere).