Arco / gas payment reimbursement

I went to pump gas on an Arco gas station on Avalon and 213th St, in the city of Carson, paid on the automatic payment machine outside $30 in total. Apparently only $10 went through according to the cashier but it shows $20 for change but he wouldnt give me my change or let me pump $20 of gas. He told me to leave my number and IF they went OVER when they open the machines( which is two days later), they might give me a call. In the meantime I only have $10 of gas on by truck for the week, and I'm short of $20.

Re

Comments

• Se
      8th of Sep, 2013

The same exact thing happened to me at the disgusting ARCO gas station on the corner of Victory Blvd. and Haskell Ave in Van Nuys, CA. I put $40 into the payquick machine, and selected my pump. When I got to the pump, it didn't show the zeroes like it normally does before it begins dispensing fuel; it simply said $40.00 and 10.876 Gallons. When I went up to the extremely rude attendant, he didn't bother to try and help me since he had other customers. I waited almost THREE HOURS for the police to arrive and got an incident report number from them and their badge numbers since they were my only credible witnesses to what had happened. After meeting with the owner of the gas station the next day, reporting this incident to the California Dept. of Agriculture: Weights & Measures division, and even calling ARCO corporate to file a complaint against the gas station, I've gotten nowhere and the owner still refuses to give me my $40 back that was STOLEN from me. I might actually hire a lawyer to help me get my money back in this case, because it's very wrong that someone as unlucky as me keeps getting screwed over like this in life and can't do anything about it but bend over and take it. But I'm not going to just take it anymore; I will fight back to the death to get back my HARD-earned money.