Arbys / manager is trying to make some money on the side for herself

I went to Arbys in Brookville, ohio April 20th around noon, to get lunch, when I went to the window, which the lady (manager) told me the total amount which I thought was too much, I had 2 coupons, for 2 of the sandwiches, the amount had totaled up to $17.49 which she said to me that was the right price which food has gone up in price, I questioned the price but thought I would go over it again when I got home, which she did not give me a receipt, I told my husband about this, he also said that amount was incorect, I believe this was no mistake, I believe this lady was trying to make some more money for herself, she said she relized the mistake after I left, which she thought I would not come back and complain, I wonder how many other people she has done this to. I know I will never go to this Arbys again, and if anyone out there goes to the arby's in Brookville, count up your order before you get there, this person is trying to make some money on the side for herself. customers beware!

Hu

Comments

• Oh
      11th of Dec, 2010

well if it didnt sound right y did u still go ahead and get the sandwiches idiot?!

• Ro
      5th of Mar, 2011

I feel for you. My husband had some friends over helping him work on his truck. I was in charge of lunch. I went to Arby’s in Guthrie, Oklahoma. Iordered 10 Jr Cheddar Melts & 2 ½ gallons of sweet tea. When the man taking my order gave me my total, I couldn’t understand him but I knew the amount shouldn’t be more than $20. When I got to the window, the lady told me my total was $19.63. I thought that sounded high, but I gave her a $20 bill. I was given $.37 in change. Then she gave me my tea & food, and my receipt was attached to the bag. I pulled off because there were other cars behind me and I didn’t want to make them wait. Before I left the parking lot, I got the receipt off the bag & saw that my total was actually only $16.63. I figured they made an honest mistake so I pulled in the front of the store & went inside to get the rest of my change. I explained my situation to the manager & she left with my receipt. She was gone for quite a while & I saw her in the back counting down the drawer. Finally she came back & told me that the drawer was only off by $.03 so she would not give me my change back. She talked to me like I was lying, like she believed that I was trying to scam Arby’s out of $3.00. That is ridiculous, and I will not be returning. I have talked to my friends & family already & told them of my experience. Some of them have told me that they will also not be returning. I wouldn’t have even been this angry, except the manager spoke to me like I was a liar or a thief. I’m not saying the woman overcharged me on purpose, but perhaps she charged me for someone else’s order. Or maybe she stuck the extra $3 in her pocket. $3 from every few customers would add up to quite nice sum at the end of the night. I am very upset. I go to Arby’s at least once a week and usually twice or three times a week. Usually our orders are a lot bigger than $20 because when we have people over, everyone likes Arby’s, it’s close to our house, it’s fast, it tastes good (usually), and it’s a pretty good deal, until you get overcharged.

I know why you went ahead and got the sandwiches. You're not an idiot, like the last commenter said. You probably were in a hurry, and you *gasp* BELIEVED what the employees were telling you.