Applebee's Restaurants / bad customer service and management

1 Syracuse, NY, United States Review updated:

Went to the Erie Blvd location in Syracuse NY. The hostess getting ready to seat us said we don't have a booth after we had requested one for myself, wife and and 3 daughters. The people with a party of 6 was seated before us in a booth. The hostess then tried seating my children at a separate table from my wife and I. I then asked the hostess why couldn't we have the booth she stated it was spoken for when it was empty. I explained how it doesn't make sense to seat us away. Why would we come out to eat to sit separate. I then went to speak to the manager and said Hello are you the manager he stated depends who's asking. I stated well I'm now leaving your restaurant cause your hostess was seating my family separate. He stated well you can wait. I said I'm not waiting again and said how F/$@ing stupid it was to seat families separate. Him and another waitress came up and said we are a family restaurant and shut your mouth. The manager stated well you can leave drive safe. The waitress then said I'll show you the door. I said no need please don't follow me I'm a war Vet with PTSD and she stated I don't care get out. I replied yes I can tell you and the rest of this place doesn't seem to. I think it would be wise to have customer service training at this location as this was not the first time we had ate there but we had gift cards and thought to give it another try. But I'm cutting them up as I wouldn't want to give them to anyone I know. I would hate anyone to experience what I just dealt with.

Je
Dec 30, 2017

Comments

• Po
      31st of Dec, 2017

It's possible someone had requested the booth before you had. Regardless of who you are, by the way, you should not curse at the employees. That is rude and undeserved.

If you wish, there are many websites where you can sell giftcards so that you do not experience a loss.