Applebees / false advertising

Cutler Ridge, FL, United States Review updated:
2.5
After eating at the Applebees on Southland Mall numerous times. My wife and I noticed an add on TV regarding 2 meals for $20.00. We checked on their website and saw the add posted their too. We choose our meals and placed the call for pick. The person that answered the phone told us they were no longer offering this deal. My wife told them that they should remove it from their website, and since we were hungry we ordered something else that came out to almost $40.00 for 2. We let it slide until again the next day we saw the same add on TV. I don't understand how this can be done. Is their something that can be done to stop these people from scamming the public? We will never eat at Applebees again, and I hope this helps others in choosing a better restaurant.

Comments

Bi
  7th of Jan, 2009
I also saw this add on tv, verified that the santa clarita applebees had it on their website, two -three hours later went in and was told that they would not honor the addvertised special, 2/$20.I with my girlfriend and small child spent with tip about $45.I contacted applebees and a manager contacted me, gave me no explanation for this but offered me a $25 certificate .I have not received it as of today.I sent another e mail to applebees yesterday 1/6/09, and am waiting for a responce.I think it's clear that they had never intended to honor a natioinbally advertised special, it appears that they just wanted to get peoiple into the restaurant, as the server mentioned that several other people had complained about the inability of management to honor this special.
Gm