Applebees / poor waiting

I travel the west coast frequently and eat at lots of applebees along the way. I recently visited Chehalis Washington and went to applebees. the first time i was there they refused to serve me some artichoke dip, unless i bought the appetizer for 13.00. Have they ever heard of side orders... the second time was today and they took our order, brought us our drinks and about five refills, and 40 minutes later still no food. Finally i asked the waitress where our food was, after all i ordered salad and you dont have to cook salad, she left and didn't come back. After an hour and a half of waiting we got our food a salad and a COLD hamburger, Oh and did i mention a 50 dollar Bill. THey never even said sorry of offered a complimentary meal, i like applebees but wont go there again very poor service.

Thnkx Brandi.

Br

Comments

St
  18th of Aug, 2008

I seriously doubt you waited for an hour and a half. Every order once rang in, is listed on an expo screen in the kitchen on both the cooks line and expo line. All tickets have times on them and go into "urgent" status when the amount of time taken to cook the meal is exceeded. All servers have the capability to "detail" a ticket which means they can get a print out of exactly how much time has elapsed since your order was rang in.

About your spin/artichoke complaint- if you don't see a "side order" available on the menu why would you think you could order it?? All of the items on the menu are pre portioned and set up in the walk in to be readily available. There is no "side order" portion made and no price for such a thing. You ate at a major chain restaurant, not a ma and pa.