AOL / False charges

United States Review updated:
We had false charges also. We called [protected]... the fraud department of AOL. It took a while to get the number, but call it and they should be able to help.

Be firm and make sure to get a confirmation number. And be sure to get the person's name and ID number (they will say they don't have one but they do). Get this information before anyone transfers you or puts you on hold.

They should send you some sort of affidavit within 5 days, and once you send it back, you should get a refund.

I wonder if there is any way to pursue a class action against AOL because they obviously don't verify who is opening these accounts. We have never used AOL.

A  19th of Mar, 2008 by
I have not been a member of AOL for several years. I fully agree that trying to seperate from the service was a chore but their indifference to my request to eliminate the homepage is still a problem. The last time I was able to locate a phone number to speak with a tech person I was told that I would have to be a member and be able to log in so that I could get rid of the homepage . No one will help or even knows how to help. The indifference of AOL is astonishing. So, even though my business has changed the outdated and unwanted homepage still remains. AOL is a dinosaur amist good service providers.
N  4th of Jan, 2011 by
i looked on my credit card statement and saw that there was a false charge from AOL.In order even to retrive my money i have to wait 7 to 10 business days to get it taken care of and to sign something to retrieve my own money back.it took them all of a minute to take money off card but now 7 to 10 business days to retrive whats rightfully mine.i never had account and use my local cable station for my internet.
N  12th of Apr, 2011 by
AOL has falsely charged my sons checking account as well. They claim they can't stop taking the money out of his account because I dont have an account number nor will I give them the debit card that it is suppossed to be linked to. I explained to them my son i ssitting on the coast of Libya right now and they said well have him call when he gets back to the states... really? Well now that I have his POA, I can really get this taken care of. I feel sorry for the people I have to deal with. They've taken out over $600 including the bounced check notices as well.

770 Broadway