AOLService sucks!

J

I don't have a business, but I have used AOL since I got my first computer, now I have a complaint, over a week ago I had to reinstall all of my computer programs, when I had AOL reinstalled and called your service, I told them I already have an account and gave them all they needed, this went fine, then I was told since I was a long time costumer of AOL, that I was qualified to get a $50.00 gift certificate from you for Wal Mart, and I would get it in a few days, well the time has passed and no gift certificate, was this an empty promise just to make me feel good or what. Not such a happy costumer now.

• Vm
    V.M.A. Aug 22, 2006

Does anyone know exactly how to:
    a) reach a human being
    2) actually close an account with these maniacs?
    HELP!

• Mr
    Mrfunjames Sep 01, 2006

I really hate how aol claims to block pop-ups but don't block their own!

• Kc
    kcsummer Sep 12, 2006

I never used the service because after I signed up I realized that didn't have any way to transfer my files over from my previous carrier. I made sure to cancel my subscription before my "risk-free trial period was over". I had a hard time first of all finding out where/how to cancel. They don't list any info in their help section about how to do that, it's a well-kept secret. Finally I saw a post from someone else how they did it (and had a hard time) and I finally got through but it took a long time and then when I got through they kept trying to talk me out of it. I just finally said I'm not going to argue with you, I want it cancelled. PERIOD. So they finally said they did and said I wouldn't get billed. Surprise, the jerks took it out of my back account anyway. I closed the bank account and got my money back from the bank and now they are sending me harrassing letters saying if I don't pay they are going to turn me in to collections.

WHAT A BUNCH OF LOSERS, NO WAY WILL I EVER USE THEM AGAIN. I've heard tons of stories similar to mine. STAY AWAY FROM AOL. So now I've got to try to get ahold of them AGAIN. It sucks with automated assistants and call trees. STAY AWAY FROM AOL. And, joke of jokes, they are still sending me diskettes offering another "risk-free" trial. I THINK YOU KNOW THE CHANCES OF ME TAKING THEM UP ON IT. Zero, nada none zilch the big goose egg. STAY AWAY FROM AOL.

• Da
    Darly Nov 17, 2006

AOL has been my ISP for a while and I've had nothing but....problems and whenever I tried to "cancel", they would just about badger you into staying and at times for the sake of argument I relented. However recently I just cannot deal with AOL any longer. I really like their web page but their tech service is terrible. Some times I have to go through "4" techs, listening to that ridiculous recording each and every times, before I come upon a tech that actually knows what the problem is. I am a novice of sorts on the computer and at times have had techs try one thing and then another to fix a problem they obviously couldn't and in the end, had me uninstall programs that I needed. When I called back, even though they "directed" me to "uninstall" a program they wouldn't tell me how to get it back, I was told I would have to pay Windows or HP to tell me which exascerbated the problems I already had.

Now...when I have made up my mind I am....leaving AOL, because of the terrible tech support and problems getting on and staying on line, I find they deducted "2" payments from my checking account in error.

When I called to find out why...I was told they had "2" accounts for me, one in my master screen name and one in my secondary name. I haven't the foggiest how that happened, but the billing agent could see immediately what the problem was, so I don't understand...."why" the billing dept who took out the second payment didn't see it as well? I would think, the fact I had "2" accounts on one computer would send out a red flag to anyone as to "why", I would think they would have questioned it and now...they are telling me it will be "3"....billing cycles for them to redeposit my money back in my account which is an extreme hardship.

I am 60 and in college and funds are tight, and if they don't return the money back to my account they weren't suppose to take out to begin with, I will have a small check bounce which will then cost me $30. It is Sunday and I am going into the hospital and have explained my situation to the billing reps at AOL and they seem to care less and repeat themselves without any satisfaction to me at all. I wonder...if I told AOL to wait 3 billing cycles, in essence "3" months for their payment would they?

I have made up my mind to complain...and take it as far as I have too, because it is the principle and for me as well, just one issue too many. If you can help me, I would look very much forward to hearing from you and I may try to make a blog on "my space", letting viewers know what I have been through in detail. Does AOL really need my $26 that badly they have to hold onto it for 3 "billing cycles". This is so unfair.

• Zb
    Zbigniew Nov 24, 2006

Just can't get rid of them.
    Stay away from these ppl.
    For your own good.

• Valerie Dec 01, 2006

I can not get into the really important websites to me. Websites like American General Life or St Agnus Hospital. And if I do get into the website of my choice. it is only to browse; what about paying my bills or filling out a job application? I'm starting to get a headache! I know I have read page cannot be displayed at least ten time this morning. You may as well be reading the news paper instead of searching the web. I could not even open an e-mail I sent to myself because I did not write anything in the subject box.

• Ka
    Karen L GOldman Apr 10, 2007

I have not had AOL for several years now since they kept billing me after I asked them to cancel my account. This is obviously an on-going problem with AOL as I have read and heard from others. There has been an unauthorized charge of $29.90 on my Master Card which I no longer use.

Charles Langham Jul 05, 2007

The new AOL news and message board format is awful, not nearly as user-friendly as it was before the improvement. The massages boards were one of the reasons I use AOL, fun to read people's comments on news, sports, etc.

An AOL rep told me to put my complaints in an E-mail and send it to feedback.com, which was not a valid address. I don't think AOL gives a darn anymore.

• Ro
    Roseann Mosedale Jul 19, 2007

I have been trying for two days now and seven lengthy telephone calls and ridiculous menu selector later to aol regarding internet access from my home - the box appears to be faulty. As yet I still have no access at home to the internet and the problem still has not been remedied ie (language barrier appears to be the MAIN problem). I can be contacted at home after 6:00pm UK time.

• St
    steven kieth Dec 02, 2007

I thought i was the only 1 getting them they suck mind you another aol ###-up no change there..

• St
    steven kieth Dec 02, 2007

I agree this was just like my speed upgrade from 2 to 8 meg an empty promise... aol sucks big time...

• Su
    susan Bush May 07, 2008

Aol has ripped me off for £374.00 how they are accessing my account when i have cancelled my cards is beyond me .I have just telephoned their Waterford u k branch and to be honest he couldent care less .He stated that i had agreed to this charge as i had broken my contract with them, Yes i cancelled subscription to them as the deal i signed for was not fulfilled i waited 3 months for the laptop that came with the deal.I had explained to them if i did not recieve the laptop for Xmas i wouldent want it at all Their Aol Talk service was a disgrace i was charged £80.00 for the first month phone bill and about the same for the second months bill plus £20 each month for the Aol broadband . I recieved no verification of who these calls were made to even though i phoned twice to ask for a written statment so i have no way of checking these bills, as my phone bill is usually about £100 a quarter with BT im sure you will understand my concerns I might add that all this is in between numerous phone calls to Aol which have got me nowhere in trying to resolve these issues So far for 2 months aol;s crap service they have cost me £574.00 thanks Aol for your greed and total lack of consideration to the ordinary public but when talking to a phone what else is there to expect within a large corporation ive been told i wont be refunded so its just tuff to me

• De
    Devina Boleware May 19, 2008

I have a 6 month free trial period but aol is charging me and they are not supposed to charge me.

• He
    henry c brentjr Aug 19, 2008

i got charged for a service i did not order

• Pa
    Paul Oct 11, 2008

aol seem to be ripping off most of there Customers now days since the change over, even more so.. AOL reminds me of that "Halifax" bank advert on tv (if anyone has seen it), the fat guy & the Customer(s), "AOL customers Hike In", Throw us in the KEEP NET, then take away or breach contracts, make-up illegal 18 mth contracts that most do NOT sign upto or agree. Then won't let anyone go, steal money from bank accounts, hold customers to Ransom, Refuse to answer alot of peoples customers e-mails, Refuse to provide MAC Codes, And when they do answer phone calls are 70% of the time RUDE.

And b4 anyone slag me off for speaking out, there is many, many un-happy aol customers just like me. Thing is, why ain't places like OFCOM etc doing anything about all this lot.

Advise: NEVER SIGN UP WITH AOL... They are Moden day On-Line SCAMMER'S

• Ni
    Nicole Oct 14, 2008

Excuse me, the AOL fraud telephone number is 1-800-307-7969

• Os
    osmokaartinen Jun 09, 2009

44.99 per month for nothing !

• La