Anytime Fitness / terrible company

1 West Monroe, LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 318-396-9128

Last year I joined Anytime Fitness on Cypress Street in West Monroe, LA. At the time I was not planning to move, but was told that if I was to move to an area that did not have an Anytime Fitness location nearby that the $100 cancellation fee would be waved. After about four months I made a decision to move to Kansas for personal reasons.

I checked on their webpage to see if there were any locations near where the place I would be moving to. There wasn't a single one within 50 miles of my location, so I explained this to one of their staff members. They checked on their computer and agreed that there was not a location near my future home, but told me that I would still have to pay the fee. I told this woman (not the same person that I signed up with) that I had been told differently upon my initial registration. I even told her I could prove that I was changing my address when I officially changed it through the postal service.

She proceeded to tell me that I would have to pay the fee. I asked to speak to the staff member I had signed up with, and she said that he usually didn't work at the Cypress Street location and that it didn't matter anyway because the fee absolutely had to be paid.

I eventually had to call my bank to stop the payments. Six months later they were still calling me trying to get the money and I eventually had to threaten them with a lawyer before they stopped.

An additional problem I had with this location was that their tanning beds did not provide protective eye wear, which is crucial for safe tanning. I wonder how many people have experienced sight loss from tanning without goggles.

In conclusion, Anytime Fitness charges twice as much as a normal gym just so you can work out at two a.m. if you want to. They lie about their policies and do not follow necessary precautions with their tanning beds.

Pa

Comments

• Sm
      13th of May, 2009

I totally disagree with this person. The poeple that work at the monroe and west monroe location are very good about following throough with what they say. My opionon is you just didnt get up with your stuff. You probably did not read over the contract either. Any smart person would have read over the contract before signing it.
    And about the tanning beds...if you want to protect your freaking eyes bring your own dang eye protection and quit complaining.
    And they do not charge twice as much as other gyms thank you very much...they are a 24/7 gym which is way more convienent than most gyms!!! We also have FREE TANNING...yeah you didnt mention that in your complaint...so get off what ever your own and deal with it!!!
    People like you really piss the hell out of me!!!