Anytime Fitness / franchise purchase

1 FL, United States Review updated:

After reading the numerous complaints about Anytime Fitness, primarily, surrounding local franchises, it is not difficult to understand the reason so many customers of these franchises have had such difficulty. I recently, with a partner, attempted to purchase a franchise for sale in Hollywood, Florida, and it became clear almost from the very beginning of our transaction with Anytime Fitness that we were not dealing with professionals at best, and and worst, we were dealing with a totally incompetent and irresponsible staff, particularly their Vice President of Real Estate and Asset Sales. [I would have no problem using his name, but I want to make sure that the monitors of this site don't remove my complaint.] In common street language, they had a very easy time talking out of both sides of their mouth at the same time. It's no wonder that this unprofessional and unethical behavior and mode of operation hasn't filtered down to the franchise owners of whom so many customers have complaints. The Anytime Fitness staff as well as the franchise owner refused to provide my partner and I with tax returns from the past three years that the gym has been in operation. The staff at Anytime sent us an Asset Purchase Agreement with a price with places for our signatures WITHOUT consulting the current franchise owner then had the audacity to imply that my partner and I initiated that effort though the document came from Anytime Fitness. The staff at Anytime gave us the phone numbers and contacts of the real estate management company, the lessors of the equipment and the management software necessary to operate the gym under the regulations set forth by Anytime, the furniture, and security devices; all equipment which leases that my partner and I would have had negotiated with in either buying out or assuming the lease from the current bankrupt franchise owner. After giving us that information, and POSTING it on their home website, again, had the audacity to attempt to prohibit us from contacting those people. Moreover, they went on to spread rumors with the current franchise holder about us that were totally untrue.
The people running the operation at Anytime Fitness of Hastings, MN, are at best incompetent and unethical, and at worst engaged in activities that bordered on the illegal though I cannot prove that nor am I accusing them of that. My only thanks is that I am no longer engaged in negotiations with the bankrupt owner of the Anytime Fitness of Hollywood, Florida, nor with Anytime Fitness corporate of Hastings MN.
The bottom line: don't associate with Anytime Fitness in any manner, or form. As a potential investor, don't get involved; as a potential customer, don't join. In short, stay away from this organization for your own peace of mind.

Comments

• Ji
      28th of Feb, 2013

I have to support and agree with what you say about their Real Estate arm. Completely incompetent and they won't protect the interest of the lessees. They lost several opportunities for us. Horrible experience.

• Ra
      6th of Jul, 2017

Gym was Good but washroom not clean properly, gym smelling always, trainers are not helpful they all are busy own way, their personal training and girls. More than half trainers only busy to talking girls so girls don't waste your money to talk them. Half of the AC not working, Wake up your Gym and special Rudra Tariner in any Time fitness sarfdarjang enclave is very very bad attitude.