Andersen Windows / Revise prior complaint submission

1 Leonardtown, MD, United States Review updated:

I wish to revise my submission of earlier today. After Emailing CEO of Andersen Windows, Mr. James Humphrey, I received a telephone call from Mr. Craig Hanson on Mr. Humphrey's behalf. Mr. Hanson researched my order prior to calling, as well he had listened to the audio recording of my earlier telephone call with Andersen Customer Service Rep, Dave. Mr. Hanson assured me that my issues will be resolved and he will see to it. Two of the three items were shipped to me today, and the final item will be shipped out as soon as possible. He will follow up the order personally. I cannot ask for more, and though initially annoyed with Andersen Windows, I now offer appreciation for the company's effort to make it right.

Comments

• Wm
      23rd of Aug, 2016

In March I ordered 5 A series windows from Anderson to complete the restorations and upgrades to this early 1900's house. When May rolled around and I had removed 3 of the old windows covering them with plywood anticipating their arrival, I was informed that the order had been re-written not once but 3 times and that each time my order was placed at the bottom of the factory order list. When the windows finally arrived, the color we chose was incorrect the quantities were wrong and one size obviously was for someone else's order. Once more the order was placed and again a tedious wait for the windows to arrive. This time the 4 windows arrived correct size and correct color it is now July hot, steamy and buggy just what I tried to avoid ordering them early. The large picture window was to be delivered later. When it arrived, the attachment fin (nailing fin) was not made to accommodate the exterior trim which snaps on. Likewise the Prairie grill work on the window was missing. A call to the factory person Jamie informed me that the area tech would be out to install the grill work. I asked to have the attachment strips drop shipped so I could continue applying the clapboards. No the rep will have them and install them. It is now the 22nd of August and still not a word from the area tech. I was told he would be here no the 22nd to complete the missing parts, but now I am told he will call which has not happened. I have no recourse but to write the CEO since customer service is a disaster. It is a shame since the windows that did arrive look great, expensive but great looking.