Andersen Windows — do not honor warranty!
During the late 1980’s and early 1990s Andersen had a factory quality problem. The vinyl sash frames cracked on some of their windows.
Last June an Andersen Window technician did warranty work at my home. Andersen provided 13 new sashes which he installed.
During a subsequent storm with wind and rain, several of the new sashes leaked water. The water comes between the sash frame and the glass. During the time of the storm, it just so happens that a local authorized Andersen dealer technician was at my house doing some installation work for me. He witnessed the water coming in (around the glass on the new sashes) and said it’s obviously a factory defect. I might add that he has been to the Andersen factory to watch their processes. He said it is evident the glue was improperly applied; gaps in the glue allowing water to infiltrate around the glass.
I have called and written to Andersen numerous times. Their response is “We do NOT warranty any of our work done under a previous warranty.” I find this to be incredible. In other words, they can use defective windows to do their warranty work, knowing the windows will fail and the consumer is stuck!!!
More Andersen Windows Complaints & Reviews
- Andersen Windows - rotting wood in the windows
- Andersen Corp - defective windows
- Serious Problems With Andersen Double Hung Vinyl Clad Windows - windows
- Andersen Windows - poor customer service
- Andersen Windows - warranty
- Andersen Windows & Doors - series 2500 storm door
- Anderson Windows and Doors - anderson storm door
- Andersen Windows & Doors - anderson 3000 series door
- Andersen Windows - quality
- Anderson Windows and Doors - not tdi compliant