Andersen Windows & Doors Logo

Andersen Windows & Doors

Having problems with Andersen Windows & Doors?

Andersen Windows & Doors Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 426 4261 (Customer Service)
+1 888 888 7020 (Windows / Patio Doors)
+1 800 933 3626 (Storm Doors)
+1 651 264 5150 (Head Office)
100 4th Ave. N
Thu7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Andersen Windows & Doors Customer Service. Initial Andersen Windows & Doors complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Andersen Windows & Doors above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Andersen Windows & Doors. Discuss the issues you have had with Andersen Windows & Doors and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Andersen Windows & Doors Complaints & Reviews

Andersen Windows & Doorsanderson windows and sliding doors

I have 2 anderson french wood sliders. They are 11 years old 1 year out of warranty i was just told. They have mold in the window caulk the veneer is pulling off and the bottoms have swelled and buckled out. All this from a top manufacturer of doors on a 11 year old door. That proves the craftsmanship to be of the lowest at one of the highest prices. Its ridiculous to see this and have damage from this and unable to get out a door if there was a fire. The warranty department even said they looked repaired once and if that is true then truly shows what a pos these products are that you put out and more need to know about your true craftsmanship of your product. This will be the last anderson product i ever purchase and will make sure others are not deceived by the false products.

RESOLVED

Anderson windows team reached out via phone and email to resolve the warranty issue and stood behind their product. They reviewed the issue again and honored it

Andersen Windows & Doorswindow molding and weather stripping falling off

I am having some major problems with your products. (1) I have a big picture wood window with 2 crank outs and the seals around the windows are drying out and falling off (1361460 is the only number I can find) (have photos), that and the wood pieces that hold the glass part in are growing mold as is a couple of our other Anderson windows. The second problem is our sliding door, the lock will no longer stay locked or keep the door tight (Prod# 6068, Part# 2610966, Prod ID# [protected])

Mar 19, 2019

Andersen Windows & Doors — 45 degree angle bay window.

We built our house in late 1984 and installed all new Andersen vinyl clad windows including 2 45 degree angle...

Andersen Windows & Doorsvinyl cladding coming off outside of french door.

Vinyl originally started lifting on fixed side of French door. A call to Andersen and person told me they had trouble with the adhesive used to apply the outer skin of vinyl. They sent me a replacement panel to be replaced by me. Shortly after the opening door started doing the same thing. Called again to complain about the the door and all I got was a replacement cost of $656.27 and I do the labor. Never again will I own or recommend a Andersen product.

Andersen Windows & Doors — storm door

My brand new door slams shut because the screw holes for the door arm are too big for the screws provided. A...

Andersen Windows & Doors — storm door glass exploded

Anderson storm door glass exploded and shattered into pieces suddenly. It was just 14 months since it got...

Anderson Windows and Doors — patio henged door..400 series

We ordered a henged patio door unfished pine interior.. Door has 3 coats of stain and I noticed on the trim...

Andersen Windows & Doorspatio door

When door was installed it would not close. It took a year but Anderson did replace one of the panels so the door would close. However the new panel would not lock. After more than an hour on hold the support girl said that was an alignment issue and was not covered by the warranty and would cost $340 to have the new panel adjusted so it would lock.

Anderson warranty is worthless.

Andersen Windows & Doors — anderson 3000 series door

I purchased this door about five years ago and the hinge plate is washed out, which makes the door droop...

Merrill

Andersen Windows & Doors — series 2500 storm door

The pre-drilled holes for hinge to mount are in the wrong spot. If I put the hinge on using the pre-drilled...

Andersen Windows & Doorsinstalled windows by anderson leaking - and no call back!!!

windows installed by Anderson- now leaking. numerous calls placed with NO return calls. installed at 120 Sakonnet Rd Portsmouth RI 02871, installed about 5 years ago. a call to Barbara Beaumont would be nice.
          This was confirmed- still under warranty when Barbara called. Rep stated she would send someone out asap- to avoid further damage. NOONE will return my mother's calls. she confirmed allof the purchase info over the phone yet no one has even came out!

Andersen Windows & Doorsanderson 4000 storm door

I bought 4 Anderson doors from Home Depot
            2 Entry doors and 2 storm doors
            Installation went well on three doors but the 4000 storm door was a disaster
            The installer could not get the screen out in order to put in the glass
            I called Anderson and they sent me a replacement handle. They claimed there was something wrong with the mechanism
            Ok, I had the same installer who put the other three doors come out and...same problem
            After replacing the parts still can't get the door to release
            I'm frustrated
            I gave up
            Fast forward to now I would really like to get the glass in before winter
            I called customer service
            Basically got the runaround
            Told me to call installer back (cost is on me)
            Have installer talk to Anderson and they will troubleshoot with him
            First of all I can't afford to take a day off
            Can't afford an installer
            Based on the reviews on this door it's a piece of junk
            Anderson took me and others for a ride
            They should have replaced the door
            I will "never" recommend this company to anyone!
            I'm 66 years old and have to live with a door with a useless piece of glass that won't go in
            Winter is coming and all I have is a screen
            Can't afford to buy another door
            Terrible response from customer service!!!

Jan Betz Feb 01, 2018

I had an Anderson 4000 storm door installed and when it got cold I couldn't get the glass insert in. I had the same door and it was fine for years. I had a handyman friend try to get the glass insert to fit and he could not. I called Anderson Customer Service and they told me to try using a shim and a rubber hammer. I am disabled and could not do this, so they sent me a replacement window. I picked it up yesterday, and it has the same problem. After putting the glass insert in on the left side of the door, away from the handle mechanism, I banged the right bottom and it went in. The locking mechanism was very hard to lock and the insert does not fit well with a small gap on the top left top, away from the door handle. Hopefully, when the weather breaks I will be able to get the screen in. This door/glass insert is very poorly constructed. Serial Number [protected], R. Betz [protected].

Andersen Windows & Doors — anderson vinyl clad double hung windows rotting in bottom corners

We built our home in the end of 2000 and installed Andersen double hung vinyl clad windows. I've been...

Andersen Windows & Doorsreplacement part cost, procedure, and customer service

I need to replace the bottom half of a 200 series Anderson window and inquired with their customer service to find out that the part I need which is probably about 1/2 of the window costs more to replace than the cost of buying a new window. It's actually 50$ less to purchase the whole window at Home Depot than to get this replacement. When I complained to rep that this doesn't make sense I got the usual customer service rep brush off that they can't do anything about it. After some back and forth and not addressing my issue the csr asked if there was anything else she could help me with. What? Excuse me? Anything else she can help me with? She didn't help me at all and now she's trying to rush me off the phone? I asked for a manager and of course after being on hold for 10 minutes was told none are available and that I would get a callback shortly. Well it's 4 hours later and no callback. I called the corporate office to complain and they weren't any better. Was told to check with retailer to see if they could get part cheaper for me. It was another brush off. Called to several retailers and they not only can't get part any cheaper it's special order and I'd have to wait 4 weeks for part. I'm building a new home next year for my family and myself - guess what brand of windows I won't be using. Guess what brand of windows I'll never recommend ever again to anyone.

Anderson Windows and Doors — anderson storm door

Hi I purchased two Anderson (empco) storm doors(serial number [protected]) from Home Depot and the doors are...

Andersen Windows & Doors — andersen windows

I have installed 11 windows in my home but when the gentleman came to give an estimate I was told he wa...

Andersen Windows & Doors — casement windows 400 series

I built a new home in 2000. I noticed some discoloration on the inside of my andersen windows. Upon further...

Andersen Windows & Doors — window

Such a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. Brand new house and one of the windows fails. Look out window one day and the...

Andersen Windows & Doors — emco/andersen series 400 storm door

Bought and had installed on October 20, 2015 a storm door from Home Depot. Paid for installing too. Came out...

Emco-andersen — storm door

I purchased an Emmco storm door for my front door. The model number is [protected]. After a few years it...