America's Servicing Company / Money Hungry Crooks

1 PO Box 1820Newark, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888- 828- 2377

How could a company be allowed to scam hard working people out of their homes. They post payments late in order to charge late fees. We have been harrassed with foreclosure several times which forced us to file bankruptcy. With all the charges of late fee, we can't take out a second mortage to get a lower payment. They also say that they don't do refinancing. They bought our mortage from Chase without us knowing until the last minute. We have had problems with this company after the first month. Someone should really look into all the scams about this company. We are tryting everything we know how in order to get out from under them.

Comments

Va
  15th of Jan, 2009

I am in my first home and my initial loan was with Equifirst. This company has to be the worst there is. Hurricane Gustav caused me to need a new roof. The check given by the insurance company was in my name and ASC. I sent it in and they sent it back for me to sign first. I was hesitant but I did. When I called they told me to send it in signed. I did. So when I call to see when I would get it, they said I didn't complete the contractors packet. I told them that no one told me about one. So I completed one and sent it back via fax. I faxed around three times and they kept saying that they didn't get it. So I faxed it again and sent a copy certified. When I called back they said that they received it and they would send a request for the check to be cut. A week later no check. I called back and they said they needed me to fax a paper in. So I faxed it today and I called and they said it would be 48 hours before the paperwork would be posted.
This company has to be the worse it shouldn't take all of this to get money that is not theirs. I am going to refinance as soon as I get the money back for my roof and try to find a company that doesn't sell their loans.