American Express / misleading customer service, stole money

United States Review updated:

After making a payment 1 day late, I called to see if I could be forgiven for my 1 day (since I have a spotless history). They were very corteous and said YES. You have been forgiven, you will see a credit on your statement for the reversal of the late fee. But they failed to mention that they were not extending my grace period that extra day, so from that moment on I was accumulating interest on my card (even though I had paid off the prior month's balance). I didn't even think about because I had turned on AutoPay for the full balance. When I looked at my statement 2 months later, and realized they had charged be 127$ in interest on a rolling balance (that was paid off every month), I called and asked for my money back. They refused, I canceled. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, but AMEX's response did not even address the grace period. They simply are "educating me" on how credit cards work and that I really did owe them 127$... Needless to say, I will NEVER use an amex again, and I will continue to explain my story everywhere I can until I actually get a response from American Express that addresses their failure in customer service here.

Comments

• Ti
      7th of May, 2012

You complained to the BBB because Amex followed their policies? Don't think you'll get much help there.