American Express / customer service???

United States, New York, New York Review updated:
New York
I tried making a purchase with my AMEX card this AM only to have the charge denied. I pay off the card in full every month and haven't missed a beat since I got the card several years ago. I subsequently made 5 calls to "customer service" only to be met by ignorant, incompetent first line reps whose primary job it is to wear down the complainant. Due to the nature of the purchase and the amount, it required transfer to a "supervisor" who possessed the same work ethic as their underlings. Every transfer resulted in the customary "phone going dead" except for the last call during which the "supervisor", I'm sure acting according to company policy, hung up on me. On my first call I engaged the automated system which supposedly solved the problem but did not.
I don't expect any attention from AMEX, especially given the scathing reviews from my fellow customers.
I would be very interested to know how these minions at AMEX would feel if they got the same treatment some where else.
Also interesting to note that AMEX, like many companies that could care less about "customer service" don't have some way of getting feedback about how their company operates. I guess the VP of Customer Relations has a really easy job at AMEX!
It's ok AMEX, you are only one company on a long list of those that treat customers like garbage. Guess what, I am done with your card and hopefully I can convince others to do the same. See how you like them apples.
Aug 17, 2015

A  17th of Sep, 2015 by
They are horrible with customers and they do everything to squelch small businesses !!! I never ever have missed a payment . Been late due to travel and other issues but never missed a Payment and they arbitrarily decided to freeze my card before the end of the month !

American Express Travel Related Services Company Logo American Express Travel Related Services Company
American Express Customer Relations 02-04-40 4315 S 2700 W