American Express Card / charged late fees for its own charges

United States Review updated:

I have been loyal to american express card and had it since over 10 years now.. recently i was away from country and couldn't pay the balance on time when i did it was couple days late and they charged me $25.00 late fees + interesth later that month, Since i was travelling, I thought of paying this late fees later, also i didn't want to pay get into hassle of paying late fees so i did not use my card while travelling. After travelling for 3 months, i saw my credit card statement it had balance of over $80!!! just the late fees and interest eevry month of their own late fees?! I called AXP to ask why is this charges, when i had not used my card and there is no balance?. they said they cannot do anything about the late fees which they had charged consecutively overthe last 3 months and I did pay them this fees! ~:|. I think this is a not RIGHT, American express is considering their late fees as BALANCE and charges added late fees charges and interest, this is injustice to consumer, I have no way to fight this alone. SO please beware! what if the doctors office, lawyers, government start charging interest and added late fees for their own late fees?!

So

Comments

• Mi
      Jul 31, 2011

I have a question for you...you were out of town right? Did your mortgage/rent, car payment & utilities get paid? I'm sure they did. What makes your credit card special? A bill is a bill and you have that same bill at the same time each month so you should have made prior arrangements.