American Express — cancelled card, no notice, loss of rewards points
My Blue Sky card was canceled the day after I paid off my balance. I found this out when I went to use my card and it didn't work so I called customer service to see why my card didn't work to find out they closed my accounts.
I never missed a single payment (on any account) during the 4 years I had the card and my credit rating had gone up since I opened the account. I lost all my travel points and the insurance on an upcoming trip.
I did some research and found out the contact information for the SVP of Card operations. I called Ms Camaraza's office and spoke to her assistant, he was understanding yet offered no resolution. Their form of resolution was to credit me the finance charges for my last months statement... What a joke! My travel points and trip insurance were worth hundreds more.
I urge you to voice your own complaints to Ms. Camaraza's office via her email or her assistant's phone number below. They need to understand the poor business decision they have made by canceling loyal customers' accounts.
Senior Vice President, Card Operations
777 American Express Way
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl 33337
Her assistant's contact information is:
[protected] ext. 56812
More American Express Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice 
- American Express - debt collection 
- American Express - interest rate increase 
- Your Centurion Card - fraud 
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early 
- American Express - gift card
- American Express Credit Card - unauthorized credit card charges
- American Express - fraud consumer protection department
- American Express - failed fraud investigation
- American Express Travel Related Services Co, Inc. - travelers cheques refund claim