ADVERTISIMENT

Fri:8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat:Closed

Reviews and Complaints

American ExpressHilton honors credit card

I saw an offer giving an additional 80,000 points for applying/using a new Hilton express-b105579">American Express credit card. The website noted I needed to be a Hilton Honors member and asked for my Hilton Honors ID number - I applied for this card and provided my Hilton membership number. The website indicated I was approved and would receive the card in the mail.

When I received this new credit card, I called to activate it, and asked the customer service representative what offer I would be receiving. Your express-b105579">American Express customer service representative told me specifically that I would be receiving 80,000 additional points once I used the card for $1,000 in purchases.

After spending $1, 000 and not seeing anything on my account regarding the points I contacted Amex customer service to ask the status, and was told everything was okay and I would receive these points, but due to the billing cycle, the points had not yet been noted. I was told to wait until the following bill period.

The next billing cycle, I still didn't see the points being given, so I called customer service again, at which point I was told that I didn't qualify because I had already received this promotion with a prior Hilton card. This is totally unacceptable, since I had been told twice by other reps that I DID qualify (and, since in the original application it even asked my Hilton Honors ID, obviously I had a prior Hilton card). When I indicated this, I was told that an investigation would be requested, and your representative stated that IF the call recordings from these earlier calls proved I had been told that I qualified, I would indeed be given these points.

After another time period passed, hearing nothing, I called Amex customer service a fourth time. Then I was told that an investigation had indeed taken place and was already closed, (this apparently occurred with no communication to me) and no points would award.

I was further told that the call recordings had been checked and the recordings DID prove I had been told that I qualified for this promotion, however it was stated I would not be given these points. The Lead personnel I spoke to simply said "errors sometimes occur" and said that express-b105579">American Express can't be held responsible for giving wrong information.

This is unacceptable — how can express-b105579">American Express offer a promotion, indicate that I qualify for the promotion (three separate times), then deny giving the promotion and allow their representatives to deceive people like this. I am assuming the representatives get incentives for gaining new credit card holders, and lie to achieve their goals.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

American Expresschristopher jackson, manager of procurement at american express in new york city

Would someone at American Express please tell Christopher Jackson who is the Procurement Manager for American Express at 200 Vesey Street, New York, New York, to stop sending harassing emails while he is at work. This is against the law and against the policies of American Express.

His email addresses are: [protected]@optonline.net, he is sending harassing personal emails from his work computer and from his Verizon Blackberry on American Express Company time, this is theft of services and he should be terminated ASAP.

Comment Guidelines