Amana Gas Range / Inferior product and service!
Amana gas range, Model No. ACF 3325AW, worked well until-- 5 years after purchase--we tried the self-cleaning feature... disaster. Trim on the top of the door melted, which was easily fixable, and the igniter apparently shorted out. Service man essentially claimed the cost to fix and susceptibility to future failure made purchase of a new stove to best choice. Whirlpool (aka Maytag, Amana, and probably other brands) would make no concession (oh, out of warranty. so sorry) even though they recalled other stoves in the 3315 and 3335 model series for the exact same problem-- overheating in the self-cleaning mode.
The Whirlpool company makes junk and won't acknowledge defective design/products unless forced to by Consumer Product Safety Commission. I can hardly wait until our major appliance industry goes through what the U.S. automobile industry went through-- they made an inferior product and provided inferior service until foreign companies successfully addressed both those issues... and at the same time providing better value.
More Amana Gas Range Complaints & Reviews
- Amana Refrigerator - Non ending repairs on refrigerator 
- Amana / French Door Refrigerator - Bad product and service 
- Amana Refrigerator - Poor service 
- Amana Evenair Convection Oven - No replacement part
- Amana Bottom Freezer Fridge - A lemon by any other name... is still a lemon! 
- Amana Brand - terrible customer service 
- Amana Brand - clothes dryer 
- Amana Brand - Washer not finishing its cycle 
- Amana - Washer machine wont start 
- Amana Stoves - New unit is damaged as well