Amana Evenair Convection Oven / No replacement part
the glass broke in the door of our Amana oven. (purchased in 1999) We went to Sears to buy a replacement glass and they sold us the whole door and charged us $131. It was to be shipped to our home in one week. That was March 25, 2008. We still don't have any part so we called again (third time) and they say that we need to be patient. So my daughter went online and called Amana who informs us the part is no longer available. Wait a minute - the range is only 9 years old and the parts are already NOT AVAILABLE? So the lady on the phone (who was very nice) suggested we google obsolete parts. We have found nothing and some of the googled companies don't even carry obsolete parts anymore but failed to remove their ads that say they do. I am so frustrated. How can a company stop carrying replacement part after only 9 years of making a product?
AND - Sears finally called back and said they found that the part is unavailable. How long would we have had to wait to find that out from them if we hadn't pushed the issue? Sears is going under for a reason. That's too bad; it used to be a GREAT store.
More Amana Evenair Convection Oven Complaints & Reviews
- Amana Refrigerator - Non ending repairs on refrigerator 
- Amana / French Door Refrigerator - Bad product and service 
- Amana Refrigerator - Poor service 
- Amana Bottom Freezer Fridge - A lemon by any other name... is still a lemon! 
- Amana Refrigerator - Quality/Service
- Amana Brand - terrible customer service 
- Amana Brand - clothes dryer 
- Amana Brand - Washer not finishing its cycle 
- Amana - Washer machine wont start 
- Amana Stoves - New unit is damaged as well