Alaska Airlines / your account has been set up and your credit card charged to the ticket you purchased!

1 Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada Review updated:

We received an e-mail from Alaska Airlines, saying that our account had been successfully set up and that our Credit Card Transaction for the purchase of Airline TICKETS was confirmed.

We did NOT purchase any tickets !
We did NOT set up an account with Alaska Airlines - the e-mail even included "our" log in information including a password-- so this looked legit.

After talking to my husband, to make sure he did NOT buy tickets, we then thought someone had gotton our Credit Card info some how to make this purchase, so I opened the attachment to try to determine which Credit card had been used so I could call the CC Company and alert them and cancel the card. That was my mistake - It wasn't TICKET information at all, it was a Worm program, and now my computer is all messed up and I need to reinstall all the software from the beginning !

Watch out for this one, It had nothing at all to do with Alaska Airlines, only that they used their Business name.

Carol

Ca

Comments

• Ni
      27th of Oct, 2008

I asked a flight attendant to assist me put my bag in the overhead bin as I was suffering from a broken collarbone, her response was "I would have a broken collarbone if I helped you" ! can you believe it??? Monday Oct 27. Palms Springs to SFO

• Da
      16th of Sep, 2009

Watch out for internet scams like this, they are common and people can easily appear to make an email look like it is from someone else.