Complaints & Reviews

fees

My boyfriend and I are going on our first cruise this September, and are on a pretty tight budget, we booked the tickets after getting some literature from the travel agency. We were excited as we had heard good things about them. Yesterday I got my confirmation from the cruise line and was disappointed to find that we had booked the flight one week off!! I immediately looked up prices and was happy to see only a 40$ difference, so I then called, I talked to a nice lady who told me about the 100$ per person change fee and after asking if there was anything she could do, she transferred me to Steve from Phoenix her supervisor. He was very cold and unfriendly; he continued to quote policy and refused after me practically begging for a break to do anything. So we are writing a letter in hopes of finding someone with a heart. If we don’t get resolution we plan on abandoning our flight and booking with Virgin as we have had great experiences with them and the total for the flight through them is 270$ and to change my ticket with Alaska would cost 230$!! I refuse to give them anymore money until they respond with a more customer service style attitude! Apparently Steve does not subscribe to this thought pattern...if anyone else has had luck in this situation let me know!

• Do
    Dori Jun 05, 2009

its your own FAULT not the airlines!

• Da
    Darien Red Sox Sep 16, 2009

The airlines can't help it if you messed up the dates and rely on those fees to stay in business, 99% of people who change there flight have a story like that. If they did not have the fees people would be changing there flights all the time and some flights would end up empty at the last moment.

your account has been set up and your credit card charged to the ticket you purchased!

We received an e-mail from Alaska Airlines, saying that our account had been successfully set up and that our Credit Card Transaction for the purchase of Airline TICKETS was confirmed.

We did NOT purchase any tickets !
We did NOT set up an account with Alaska Airlines - the e-mail even included "our" log in information including a password-- so this looked legit.

After talking to my husband, to make sure he did NOT buy tickets, we then thought someone had gotton our Credit Card info some how to make this purchase, so I opened the attachment to try to determine which Credit card had been used so I could call the CC Company and alert them and cancel the card. That was my mistake - It wasn't TICKET information at all, it was a Worm program, and now my computer is all messed up and I need to reinstall all the software from the beginning !

Watch out for this one, It had nothing at all to do with Alaska Airlines, only that they used their Business name.

Carol

• Ni
    Niamh Dolan Oct 27, 2008

I asked a flight attendant to assist me put my bag in the overhead bin as I was suffering from a broken collarbone, her response was "I would have a broken collarbone if I helped you" ! can you believe it??? Monday Oct 27. Palms Springs to SFO

• Da
    Darien Red Sox Sep 16, 2009

Watch out for internet scams like this, they are common and people can easily appear to make an email look like it is from someone else.

Poor contact information

I have been stationed in Alaska for 2 years (with one year spent in between in Iraq.) Almost exclusively, I have used Alaska Airlines for my travel back home to Oregon. Now, two months before I leave the military under honorable conditions, I have just learned that I was eligible for a military discount for my flights. When I tried to find any information on the military discounts on the website, I could find nothing at all detailing who to talk to and how I would go about receiving a military discount-even after dialing the reservations desk number, who told me there'd no way to receive some refund on the tickets I've paid full-price for all this time. It seems to me, that Alaska Airlines wants to have it both ways: to say that they offer service members a discount, and then hide any information that might allow service members to take advantage of these discount fares. I have spoken with everyone one of the six members in my office, and not a single person was aware of the discount fares, even though they all have traveled on Alaska Airlines sometime in the past.

• Ji
    Jim Aug 20, 2008

Sorry to tell you, but Alaska Airlines doesn't have a military discount. If you're traveling under orders, you'll fly on Uncle Sam's dime, or then possibly get a discount if needed.

I don't know where you heard that, but it's incorrect.

My wife's a CSA for Alaska Airlines.

Resolved Bad service

During a full flight from Denver, CO to Seattle, WA, I was seated near the rear of the plane. I dont know if...

breach of contract!

While in First Class from Cancun to San Diego, a drunken passenger directly across the aisle next to me...

Resolved he worst airlines I have ever experienced!

1. Instead of the food, which was supposed to be included (due to the ticket) a piece of toast was offered for $5.

2. The same flexibility as the one connected to providing services was NOT observed by check-in. For only two kilos of overweight I was charged $25.

3. Toilets were stinking in the cabine.

4. There was shortage of blankets and pillows in the cabine. The pillows which were there, were dirty.

5. The temperature in the cabine was varying over the flight so much that people were wearing jackets and caps in one moment and short-sleeve T-shirts in another. My boyfriend got a cold after the flight.

Scachers stirs in Woodbridge & rt 22 nj

• Updated by Polina679 · Aug 13, 2019

Why did your scacherd complaint ?...

• Updated by Polina679 · Aug 13, 2019

How can you make web ? Why Alaska Airlines if I choose shoes?...

• Po
    Polina679 Aug 19, 2019

I wold like to tell u about your bad service in Woodbridge mall!!! & shop in rt 22 nj !!! U have to train them well how to do nice service with customers!!! Unbelievable how u find unprofessional nasty people in your stores !!! I want to get fun during shopping Do improvements asap, pls

• Te
    Tee1215 Aug 24, 2019

I was verbally attack by flight attendant on Alaska Airline in July 2019 . Help i have contacted my attorney . I asked four attendants to lower the heat, it was 78 degrees on the flight and my daughter had dr note for nose bleeding😢rude I pleasant hot flight.