Alaska Airlines / Poor contact information

1 Anchorage, AK, United States Review updated:

I have been stationed in Alaska for 2 years (with one year spent in between in Iraq.) Almost exclusively, I have used Alaska Airlines for my travel back home to Oregon. Now, two months before I leave the military under honorable conditions, I have just learned that I was eligible for a military discount for my flights. When I tried to find any information on the military discounts on the website, I could find nothing at all detailing who to talk to and how I would go about receiving a military discount-even after dialing the reservations desk number, who told me there'd no way to receive some refund on the tickets I've paid full-price for all this time. It seems to me, that Alaska Airlines wants to have it both ways: to say that they offer service members a discount, and then hide any information that might allow service members to take advantage of these discount fares. I have spoken with everyone one of the six members in my office, and not a single person was aware of the discount fares, even though they all have traveled on Alaska Airlines sometime in the past.

Lu

Comments

• Ji
      20th of Aug, 2008

Sorry to tell you, but Alaska Airlines doesn't have a military discount. If you're traveling under orders, you'll fly on Uncle Sam's dime, or then possibly get a discount if needed.

I don't know where you heard that, but it's incorrect.

My wife's a CSA for Alaska Airlines.