[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car / help desk rude behavior

Philadelphia, PA, United States

Last Saturday March the 3rd, my husband and I had a reservation for a rental car with Alamo picking up at the International Philadelphia airport and dropping off in Allentown, PA. Due to the severe weather conditions in Philadelphia, our flight from Houston (the day before) was delayed and we were stranded there overnight so we were not able to get to Philadelphia in time to pick up our car there.

Since we did not want to have to pay a higher rate for renting a car last minute and in the hopes of keeping our current reservation rate (because we were still within the time frame we had rented our car for), I called Alamo to ask what they could do to help us and ask if they could accommodate us, perhaps extending the time of the rental for the same rate because this was a situation which was out of our hands.

I was met with such disrespectful and bad attitudes. I had such an awful experience with those two Alamo CSRs I spoke with last Saturday. The first one was not only passive aggressive, he was down-right condescending. The second one actually interrupted me while I was explaining my situation and actually yelled at me.

I don't know we're exactly this help desk is located or the names of the help desk men I spoke with—I'm sure they can find a recording of these conversations if they tried. So below, where you ask city I will put Philadelphia only because that's where I was when I called from the airport but the people at the Alamo office there were actually lovely people. The problem was with the men from the Alamo help desk, wherever that may be located.

They need better training. What a disgrace.

Resolution statement

Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Mar 14, 2018
ipam,
We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to ehiescalationscc@mailca.custhelp.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,