Alamo Rent-A-Car / illegal alamo suv caused police to pull me over!

Alamo Rent-A-Car
Illegal ALAMO SUV caused Police to pull me over!

Three issues: Filthy vehicles, breach of privacy and illegal cars.

Firstly, the SUV selection I could choose from were all dirty and had litter inside the vehicles. I picked the least nasty one. It had a dirty exterior, french fries under the back seats and used juice bottles under the front seats. It was still better than the others that had cigarette burns in the upholstery and grease and soda smears on the dashboards.

Secondly, in the glovebox was paperwork from the previous renter. All his personal info, how much he paid, etc... that was a shock!

Third, and most egregious, the SUV I drove for 4500 miles had EXPIRED TAGS on the license plate! They expired in November of 2008 and I drove the SUV in January of 2009! I was pulled over by the police and it was truly infuriating. Getting pulled over is always scary, but to find out that it's not your fault and you're PAYING for the privileged to drive an unlicensed vehicle is just unacceptable.

To apologize for their awful and illegal rental, Alamo took a measly $25 off of my bill and offered me a coupon for future use. I haven't accepted the coupon as I'd rather have a full refund.

Alamo Rent A Car Logo Alamo Rent A Car