AIU / sallie mae

1 United States

I graduated from in 2004 with a BFA in Design. Prior to attending AIU, I attended a land based school with 3 years of undergraduate work in design. During my one year at AIU the financial aide process was suspect only when AIU told me that I had to come up with 1500 dollars or not graduate. Where this amount came from was strange because according to what I applied for I should have had everything I asked for in terms of monies to complete school. They told me Sallie mae was the only lender available and when I told them I would use my personal bank they said time was very limited (like the next day) and that if I did not pay I could not finish my degree program. I was very unhappy with AIU and Sallie mae and now I'm in rage reading all this stuff going on with AIU now. If AIU does not win its case and found guility then the right thing to do is pay back affected students only what we have paid in principle and interest to any and all lenders, allow us to transfer our course work to a near by land based school to get our degree and get the hell out of the education business. Seems fair.