Airtel Prepaid Connection / ignorance towards the customer!

1 India Review updated:

I recharged my prepaid connection through my online back account just to see that the balance got added and validity was not extended. When i called the customer care they lodged my complaint and told after three days that " you will not get validity if you recharge through online bank account".

My question is Why didn't they guys tell me this when i called you up at the first go? I see no where its mentioned that i shouldn't recharge my Cell using online banking!!!

AIRTEL Customer care SUCKS!!!

Comments

• Ra
      25th of Oct, 2006

Fully Agree

• Ad
      8th of Jan, 2007

I strongly agree to this complaint as I faced a similar issue for my recharge. Ridiculous airtel service.

• Pr
      17th of Jan, 2007

I am recharging my airtel from past many days but from December 31st my amount is deducting and it moving straight to negative and my outgoing and incoming calls are barred. and after that 5th time of deduction i contacted customer care they said that my mobile office is on which i never applied for activation and hence when i complained about this i got the answer that with in 24 hrs it will be refunded back. now its 60 hrs and still i haven't got any refund and my phone is dead and when i called there they said that the system is under upgrade and the executive hung the call on me.

"AIRTEL IS WORST AMONG ALL"

• Tr
      13th of Mar, 2007

Even I faced the same problem like usha. I totally agree with Usha. That too Airtel customer care peoples who are working in Karnataka - bangalore. Worst like anything....

• Ni
      19th of Mar, 2007

I am recharging my airtel from past many days but from January 31st my amount is deducting and it moving straight to negative and my outgoing and incoming calls are barred. And after that 9th time of deduction i contacted customer care they said that my mobile office is on which i closed 2 months back and hence when i complained about this i got the answer that with in 24 hrs it will be refunded back. Now its 60 hrs and still i haven't got any refund and my phone is dead and when i called there they said that the system is under upgrade and the executive hung the call on me. I have given about more than 5 complaints but it all has gone in vain. I will ask all the people who are reading this should never use the airtel service as it makes fun of the customer and think that they can fool the customer in any way they wish.

21st of Mar, 2007

My wife was gifted with Airtel connection (9815195023) nearly two or more years ago before he left for abroad. Few days back She got a message that she should deposit her proof of identity. I went to the office of Airtel prepaid at Friend Airtel railway road, opposite Vatinery Hospital and we clearly told a Lady sitting there that it was gifted number and on whose number it was purchased we don’t remember on which the lady told us that my wife should give a copy of ration card and snap. Which we gave to her. On or around 16 or 17 march 07 Airtel barred all the calls of my wife and when I contacted Airtel Customer care we were told to deposit the proof of identity again. Again on or around 19 march. I along with my wife once again filled the necessary form and again deposited the copy of ration card and gave snap to the same person in same office. On 21 march again my wife calls were barred. and when i contacted the Airtel pre paid customer care number one Mr. Vinod (at about 12:20 am 22nd march) told me that nothing doing and I should again go and deposit the proof and when I asked that how many times I should deposit the proof the reply that came back from Mr. Vinod was till the proof doest reach the concerned office, and when I told him that I might approach Honble consumer forum the reply from Mr. Vinod was that he was not afraid of consumer forum and I was free to do anything. Is this what we are paying for.

• Ve
      29th of Mar, 2007

On 29/3/07 I deposited Rs. 350/- for recharging of prepaid number of my son at Solan Himachal Pradesh. His Number is 09816228114. I received phone call from my son that he has got credit of Rs. 1/- only instead of Rs. 350/-. I called thousand times air tell number 098160160 and 121 but instead of tailor made entries no body picks up the phone instead telling what brand or balance or address et.el.

Is there any solution. NO. That I know.

• Ak
      1st of Apr, 2007

The airtel tariff for std is not up to the market. IT SHOULD BE 50 PAISE ON STD CALLS.

8th of Apr, 2007

I am not able to ask any queries to airtel executive. Every time I use to call 121 or 9849098490 but I couldn't get the executive on line. So i am not satisfied with airtel service.

• Ni
      10th of Apr, 2007

Some days ago messages are not sent from my mobile phone. I have made a number of contacts with cust care executive for staring my sms service. Every time they promised me to solve the problem within 24 hrs. After a week the problem remains the same.

13th of Apr, 2007

Above all the comments are right ... to call airtel cust. care is the worst thing th someone should do ... people are making false promises. With their rude behavior is what we are paying for... I don't know how Mr. Bharti running such a chor company .. sorry for using bad language but in really very hurted . Dont know how to handle it .. thats for sure that I'm going to rid of this stupid and choir connection ... Ablest i feel good by doing this ...

• Pu
      18th of Apr, 2007

I fully agreed with the above mentioned complains regarding Mr Bartiya Mittal is running a choor company.

23rd of Apr, 2007

On 20-04-2007 i got a message that my outgoing and incoming calls has been barred due to insufficient balance.so i made a recharge of rs 455 but even then i got the same message. So when i inquired this with airtel customer care office on Friday evening then they told that i have to give my address proof. So i did that but still i am not able to make or receive any calls. And when i am trying to make a call to airtel customer care using 123, 121, 9845098450, 9845012345 non of the menu option contain an option through which a customer can get connected to the airtel call centre. Those things are really very bad and disturbing :-(((

24th of Apr, 2007

I am one of the frustrated customers of Airtel.

What happened is once I activated mobile office service on my cell but the same was deactivated by 10 days due to non working of the same and the deactivation was also confirmed by so called customer care executive.

Since then my account was incessantly getting deducted despite deactivating the service. And when contacted they say that the service is already deactivated by our end. And it will take 24 hrs to get your balance back to your account which has never come.

Now its been two months from now and i m every day calling customer care for this reason in vain. Many times they say our servers are under upgradation. I don't understand what kind of servers they are upgrading, from two months. Is it super computer they are going for?

I m left now almost with negative balance. I can not make outgoing emergency calls. Even if i recharge my account it gets deducted immediately.

Seeking desperate help

If somebody can help me out of this i will really be obliged

• Ga
      2nd of May, 2007

Since i got the airtel one card according to my scheme std calling rates were 1.50 rupees per minute and on 2nd of may i got a message to my number from airtel that from 3rd of may 2007 my std calling rates will be 1.99 rupees per minutes. So this is not fair and customer care executives are also not specifying the due reasons. And they disconnect the call very often or if they transfer call to senior executive they do not receive the call. I do not think this should be the service airtel should be providing and airtel can not increase the calling rates after selling the card specifying the rates lower than the actual.

2nd of May, 2007

A copy of email to Airtel customer care:

This is to inform u that I have been rudely treated by a lady customer care executive who was in service on 30.04.2007 at 4.09pm in West Bengal circle as I have asked what is the charge of sms. I always expect ur cordial behavior. I get stunned after getting such a rude behavior, even she remarked that I expect that rude behavior, and I am a person to be rudely behaved.

Airtel has been in service to us for a long time in West Bengal. For that reputation, I take Airtel connection. I think u will take proper steps to improve your customer service.

• Sh
      13th of May, 2007

Airtel was nowadays trying to make money from their customers. I had been a user of many gsm and cdma mobiles. It was a terrifying experience that got from airtel bleady network. I had recharged for 250 for gprs card. And set my default connection as mobileoffice. One day i got message from airtel live that thank for using airtel live.and they reduced 20 rupees for that time without using airtel live. I complained to them but they told i would download it. I leave it. But yesterday i got another mail that tank u for using as old time. I complained they replied i downloaded it. Airtel make new scientific technology that mobile phone can automatically download ring tones. The beady ### airtel network will collapse a daya.

• Da
      29th of May, 2007

Airtel is the worst network among all. I had a post paid connection told them to cancel the connection and now after 3 months they are charging me. they are bloody craps, ###-holes. I would suggest all of you reading this never ever to go for an airtel connection. They just screw your life.

1st of Jul, 2007

This is a saga that dates back to 26th Nov 2006, when I had foolishly asked Airtel Broadband to install a connection at my residence. I had paid INR 500 as advance and waited for the connection. Some time later the company representatives came and left a wire at my place stating that an engineer would come for the installation of the telephone ( which was forced on me along with the scheme) and the broadband connection.

The phone never got installed and due to hardware issues neither did the broadband connection. Bills started coming in month on month. With some-follow up the connection got deactivated on 10th March 2006. ( connection reference no. 11457754)

NO refund of my advance payment was made.

A year passed.

In the fateful month of June 2007, came a marketing call from Airtel, asking if I want a connection. I responded if iot can be installed urgently I could consider it. The response I got was that someone would visit me between 2-3 pm on that day and have the installation done.

4:30 pm

No one came. Seating with anger I called Airtel, who said a person would visit me within 48 hours and have the needful done.

48 hours hence

No one came

64 hours hence

Someone came with the forms... promptly took INR 850 and promised that the engineer would come within 48 hours. He also gave me a customer enrollment no. 472669.

36 hours later

Got a call from an airtel executive stating that the connection can not be installed as I have an outstanding amount of INR 1690 on my previous connection ( the one that was never installed). I contested but to no avail.

On June 17th I made a call to the Airtel customer care who finally connected me to the broadband department after 10 mins of passing around.

After a 45 minutes haggling the officer decided to note the complaint and said someone would revert. I asked them for the cancellation of the new connection( 472669). He gave a complaint ref no. 10574830.

2 days later

An executive called saying that they were refunding the INR 850 and were sorry for the mess. He acknowledged that no phone was insta,lled. Upon which i asked him to refund my INR 500 paidin November 2205. To which he said they would revert back.

June 30 2007

I called my new phone friend good'ol airtel customer care officer Deepak Sharma who was wondering why i called since they had told me it will take 10 -15 days to refund the money and it was only 13 dyas. That was settled.

Then I asked him about refund of the balance INR 500, to which he questioned why should that be done.

The whole story was repeated again. The battle of the installation of the invisible phone continued. I said OK then note down another complaint and give me the reference no. He said he will have to check with superiors and put me on hold for what seemed to be an infinity.

Came back saying his superior Shweta Arora, had politely declined the request insisting that the phone had been installed.

I asked them to give the in number of the instrument that was installed at my place. Sorry they di not have old records. I asked them to give give me call records that were made from the phone. Sorry they did not have old phone records.

I insisted that they note down the complaint. He insisted that he could not do so as it was an invalid complaint.
    ...

SO now i'm irate, frustrated, still without a braiodband... lost money... time... decided pen down my complaint here... Airtel will obviously not revert..

...

I f someone can guide me through the process of filing a complaint on the consumer court ... would love to do so mental harassment and sheer torture of the customers...

Guess should stop now or ill continue rambling...

Cheers

14th of Jul, 2007

I am not receive a message. I already submit so many complaints to customer care executive, but i didn't get a positive result.