Airtel Prepaid / cheap and pathetic customer service!

1 India Review updated:

I used gprs on 2,3,4,5 feb 2007 and airtel deducted 12 rupee for each of that day, again on 10, 12,13,14 feb airtel deducted 12 rupee for each day for usage of gprs on 2,3,4,5 feb for which I had already paid, when I asked for details, customer care executive refused to give details to me, my 47.96 rupees have been deducted by airtel for no reason and when I call to customer care, it says that my money will be refunded within 48 hrs, but nothing happens, I had complained orally for about 10 times and through sms for about 300 times, airtel is such a cheap service.

Comments

• Vi
      18th of Mar, 2007

I've tried to talk to customer care and nobody is willing to even pick up the phone.I've been put on hold for at least 48 minutes.They are regularly cutting my balance even though I haven't subscribed to any services.After having connected to someone called Puja , she bluntly told me that whatever they have cut my balance for is rightly.After I talked to her superior she told me that all the money that they cut will be refunded and it happened as she said,but the following day again they started cutting the money and no one was answering my phone.

• De
      19th of Mar, 2007

A copy of email to Airtel:

This is to bring to your kind notice that I MR Abdul Kadir Desai my contact number is memeber for your Airtel family would like to heartily congratulate you for securing the no 1 position in private Telecom Sector from Telecom Regulatory Authorities being a proud family member of your family i pray for all your prosperity and growth in future as well.Being a government servant we are very happy for the services and schemes followed by you for us and i am proud to let you know that today i have made sure that in my office colleagues around 350 people are using airtel and are happy to be part of the airtel family. I request you to have a kind note of my mail, being part of your huge family i would like to bring in to your notice few suggestions and complaints,in todays competitive world just by promoting adds is not enough it is essential to take care of the services provided as well where in there are number of options available in the market and the company providing best services at the reasonable rates is considered as the ruler of the market. From last one month we are facing some problems with your services which i would like to highlight in front of your eyes is not only my right but my responsibility as well

1. your Airtel customer care is never easily reachable it takes lot of time which creates frustration and majority times it gets disconnected before reaching the customer care executives and if it is connected then the Server is always down and they dont have any information then or else they are not updated with the change in Schemes which in turn leads to misguidance or miscommunication letting down the standard of the Company.

2. While traveling from CST to Badlapur and from Churchgate to Virar via Train or by Road suddenly at some places there is no network Coverage for airtel but coverage for other companies like is easily available. Even after crossing that particular area the network doesnt get connected automatically but we have to keep searching for it various time.Even crossing Mumbai boundaries same problem is faced.

3. I reside in Mumbra which is the second station from Thane and majority of my friends and relatives are staying nearby using Airtel prepaid we all are facing the problem of no Network Coverage inspite of full network displayed on the hand set. if we try contacting anyone it either shows network busy or automatically gets disconnected or network Error or there is no response and we are been charge unnecessarily for the same,same problem is been faced wen someone tries contacting us from outside mumbra but once we cross thane the problem is solved, and area Display shows either Kalyan or Dombivali even if we are in Mumbra where in at our area we do have Airtel tower.I have loged Complain regarding the same with your Customer care service and had done followups with the same but the problem is still unsolved. I do have Complain numbers of the same date wise which i am forwarding it to you.

1st complain was loged on 6/3/07 1.30 pm regarding the same problem. complain number is 0307076256 (2nd) complain was loged on 10/3/07 12.38 pm complain number is 0310068393 ( 3rd ) complain is logged on 19/3/07 at 12.08 am complain number is 031900043800

I would like to give you few suggestions with a view that it will help you if implemented.

1. Please start some service which will give us assurity that our complains are taken care of and are solved on time which is not possible on 121 customer care or else have supervision on your customer care that all the complains logged are solved on time.

2. Request you to render Airtel Hello tone free of charge to all your airtel users or else make it free for 3 months and then charge minimum Rs 10 which will have free publicity for your company for people calling on airtel mobiles.

3. Your new Wll Landline is one of the best schemes you have but it is seen that your marketing Executives are not able to promote the same properly as they are finding it difficult to answer customers quires efficiently, they are not able to convince the customers the benefit of Wll on another fixed landline, they are not able to assure the customer about its mobility where ever you go which is not possible with any other Landline, there are no installation charges or Security Deposits, no monthly rent where in you provide Caller Id, phone book , Sms service with you Airtel instrument,Etc, which will help your Sales to rise.

Another suggestion is that as your cost is Rs2000 on which you provide 2000 talktime free for airtel to airtel instead of that you can make it 1000 talktime free and balance 1000 you can use it for lifetime incoming free as customers are confused of that they have to refill it within 15 days which will help them by just doing the top up as and when required which will help you to increase your sale.

Hope my complain and suggestions would be taken care of and my problems would be solved on time.

• Ra
      27th of Mar, 2007

Airtel has deducted Rs 100 for activating world cup package without asking for same, when i have complain about the same first customer care person did not give complain no then told me to register through SMS, on doing so i got a sms complain will be solved in 24 hours but it is four days pass but nothing has changed. Even i tried on site www.airtelworld.com but there is no provision for registering complain. I am helpless in matter.

• Pa
      1st of Apr, 2007

I recharged my mobile with Rs.400 yesterday. Suddenly I got 2 years validity which I dont expect. But suddenly my scheme get changed. Its just like committing suicide with this offer. All call charges (local mobile to mobile Rs 2) are doubled.

I recognized it after I lost some money. Then I tried to reach customer care and asked them to tell a way to get unsubscribed from that. They told its not possible and you have to carry this scheme for next 2 years. Suddenly they introduce one scheme and cheating their customers. it is their responsibility to send info of all these things to their customers instead of advertising for their useless alerts.

I suggest every one not to take Airtel connection and I myself want to switch to other network.

• So
      1st of Apr, 2007

Well i got a new sim on 14th jan 2007, and till then they have deactivated my phones 3 times instead of having 1 yr validity period.

The reason is that i haven't submitted my documents...

Since 14th jan i have submitted the said documents 3 times and still they are screwing around..

Changing my service to Hutch.

25th of Jun, 2007

Have a prepaid Airtel connection since 2003. From last Wednesday, i am unable to recharge my account through easy charge. A message saying "e-recharge not successful". I called customer care several times and they say everything is fine with my account and ask me to try "again". None of these so called customer care executives are able to solve a simple problem but ask to try "again" or try after "72 hrs"!. I got the same answer when I went to regional office of Airtel in Mangalore. They dont know why my account is frozen and recharging is not being accepted. It is strange that a customer is not informed about any changes in the schemes , tariffs or any other issues but simply the account is deactivated. I have not got any reply to the mail i sent to the customer care even after 2 days. I have no access to the customer care also since my validity of previous recharge expired a couple of days ago. This is how cell phone companies take their customer's for a ride. Now i am seriously thinking of switching over to some other company since there is now way the problem could be solved.

• Um
      28th of Jul, 2007

I just came in Bangalore. My number is 9902910004. My cell number had incoming but no outgoing. I tried to call to customer care but the service is not giving any option to talk to CCE, as in other states it give option to talk to CCE (mostly press 9). So i have no outgoing for last 10 days.

• Ra
      16th of Sep, 2007

Sir,

Am really fedup of your service, my airtel no is 9840424877 is terminated on 10.09.2007 due to unavailable proof, so am produced the same on 12.09.2007 at your beachline office and they given me the assurance that they will activate the no with in 24hrs, but still itis not activated. Please tell me the fact why it is not activated so far and tell me when your going to activate my no.

Looking for your better service.

Regards
    Arunkumar.R
    +91 98404 24877

28th of Sep, 2007

Here in India, consumer is being ###ed up by everyone. Airtel has closed my number 9871536076. I have written to airtel customer care 10 times from USA to please activate it and let me know why it was closed and what I am supposed to do. Before coming to US in Apr'07 I gave request in wirting and also paid advance rent till oct'07. still they have closed the number without any information.

5th of Feb, 2008

A LOT OF TOWER PROBLEM IS GOING ON NEAR BELURMATH AREA MY MOBILE NO=9831569075.

29th of Feb, 2008

mera 149 ka problem kab solv hoga kiya ab tak 48 hr airtel ka nahi hua hai?

29th of Feb, 2008

mera 149 ka problem kab solv hoga kiya ab tak 48 hr airtel ka nahi hua hai?

Name sushil kumar singh

I HAVE GOT SOME ONE MOBILE ITS NO IS 9967307174

I WANT ITS ADDRESS AND DETAILS SO I CAN RETURN ITS MOBILE

• Sb
      28th of Oct, 2009

we are waiting for airtel new scheme like docomo offers . do soon like per paise / per second like TATA DOCOMO . they done gooood work, and new thinking also .

24th of Nov, 2009

Greetings and Good Evening!

My Airtel Lifetime connection No:9860775545: There is always deduction with some or other message as caller tunes / job alerts of Rs.30/-, Rs.60/- etc. It is four times, whenever I get recharge my account, it gets deducted and balance comes to minus the next day or within two days. Whenever, I try to use facility to call someone, message comes: Insufficient balance, please recharge your account soon to avoid uninterrupted services. I never opt for any activation. I simply want to use mobile for the purpose it is meant for as Incoming and Outgoing, that also I can not. Contacting Customer Care is also meaningless. If company can not afford to give good facilities to customer, it should not give on cheaper rates and on the other hand unnecessary deduct money and punish the poor customers.

Hoping for a immediate response.

Regards,