Airtel Postpaid / activation issue

1 India Review updated:

Hi There,

This is Vineet Tripathi, own Airtel Karnataka Postpaid number [protected]. I lost my mobile along with sim card on 17th April 2008, so requested Airtel to bar calls and sms till I get a new sim card. On 25 Apr 2008, I was issued a new sim card and on the same day the sim was activated as per Airtel however I am unable to receive and make calls and SMS service is not working as well. I kept calling the customer care of Airtel for 7 continuous days innumerable times irrespective of me being in roaming and was told by different floor managers like poornima, Purna, Aravind, Azaharuddin, Sameer, Hemant the same old thing that there is some technical issue, mismatch of numbers due to which I was getting the automated message "SMS and CALL services are barred due to expired validity date' while trying to make calls and they have issued a high priority case to technical team to resolve the matter and I would get a call within couple of hours however as expected never received one.

Then when I called them again to know the status of the card, i got the status that Technical team tried reaching me on "[protected]" and the mobile was not working. One can understand the kind of sincerity that technical team tried reaching on the number which is problematic.

I have been calling to get the status and everytime i have been assured that my problem will be resolved in couple of hours by floor manager (Name mentioned above) and they will give me call back. None of the time i recieved any call from these people nor my problem have been resolved till this movement.

In addition to this, i have been advised to replace my sim card, which i have done couple of time and still do not see that problem is resolved.

This being my number from last 6 years, my work is being impacted and not able to work properly. Since last 6 years, I made sure that none of the time there is delay in the payment of the bill so that I continue reciveing good service from Airtel.

I am really disappointed to see the kind of service is being delivered to customer like me and the professionalism at Airetel side.

I would like to escalate the issue to highest authority to resolve this issue.

My alternate contact number is : [protected]

Regards,
Vineet Tripathi

Vi

Comments

3rd of May, 2008

Hi, this is sangeeta jain from jaipur rajasthan. i have buying 2 new connections on 28-04-2008 but still i can`t make calls or sms. i have to know by your agents that my connections are not acctivete during negetive FI. I am a service woman so i cannot stey at my home while your FI time, pls. sowale my problam or refund my money immigetly. my alternate number is9829043823 with regards... sangeeta jain

3rd of May, 2008

hi, this is sangeeta jain, i have brought 2 new connections on
    dated 28-04-2008 and the number is 9928948848, 9928089886 but still i couldn't make calls or sms during
    negative FI.
    my problem is that i am a service woman so i cant stay at home on office time so please give me a suggestion how
    will be FI is ok.
    this is a request pls. immediately active my numbers or
    refund my money so i can buy another company's connections .
    with regards