Airtel Postpaid / activation issue
This is Vineet Tripathi, own Airtel Karnataka Postpaid number [protected]. I lost my mobile along with sim card on 17th April 2008, so requested Airtel to bar calls and sms till I get a new sim card. On 25 Apr 2008, I was issued a new sim card and on the same day the sim was activated as per Airtel however I am unable to receive and make calls and SMS service is not working as well. I kept calling the customer care of Airtel for 7 continuous days innumerable times irrespective of me being in roaming and was told by different floor managers like poornima, Purna, Aravind, Azaharuddin, Sameer, Hemant the same old thing that there is some technical issue, mismatch of numbers due to which I was getting the automated message "SMS and CALL services are barred due to expired validity date' while trying to make calls and they have issued a high priority case to technical team to resolve the matter and I would get a call within couple of hours however as expected never received one.
Then when I called them again to know the status of the card, i got the status that Technical team tried reaching me on "[protected]" and the mobile was not working. One can understand the kind of sincerity that technical team tried reaching on the number which is problematic.
I have been calling to get the status and everytime i have been assured that my problem will be resolved in couple of hours by floor manager (Name mentioned above) and they will give me call back. None of the time i recieved any call from these people nor my problem have been resolved till this movement.
In addition to this, i have been advised to replace my sim card, which i have done couple of time and still do not see that problem is resolved.
This being my number from last 6 years, my work is being impacted and not able to work properly. Since last 6 years, I made sure that none of the time there is delay in the payment of the bill so that I continue reciveing good service from Airtel.
I am really disappointed to see the kind of service is being delivered to customer like me and the professionalism at Airetel side.
I would like to escalate the issue to highest authority to resolve this issue.
My alternate contact number is : [protected]
More Airtel Postpaid Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - not getting network in prepaid mobile no. 8800944537
- Bharti Airtel - recharge amount rs 99 not reflected in airtel contact no.9816578315
- Bharti Airtel - international roaming - charged more for no service
- Prepaid Airtel Number - number not working
- Bharti Airtel - telephone/ internet