Airtel - Mumbai / fraud and cheating!

1 India Review updated:

Myself Bhaskar Bhausaheb Unde, a Government Servant. I have bought Airtel Prepaid card under Government Sceame. According to the scheme, the rate of outgoing was 30 paise Airtel to Airtel and 10 paise to any other mobile in Maharastra. But from last 25 days they started charging me 25 paise Airtel to Airtel, and 50 paise to other mobile in Maharastra, which was not there in the scheme. Since no statement was there initially given for hike of the price, since cheated me for the same. After asking for the reason,from them, they told whether use it or throw it down the card. Also i told that many cards taken before me was not converted to price hike, they reply senseless answer. Airtel should maintain its reputation by keeping words given!!!

Comments

8th of Sep, 2007

My uncle have same problem, he took sim after inquiring from cust. care at that time operator told that call rates are 0.10 Rs to airtel and 0.30 Rs to other. For 10 days after activation call rates are as per told but then rates increased. He is in police and now he want to get his previous BPL card again..because of me only he buy that Airtel card... in this way airtel is going to do it's image so do necessary i thing that airtel have exclude/remove 2Rs/day charge then only it is same as other service card provider...

• Ni
      27th of Feb, 2008

I have purchsed a postpaid card ie 199 rental the executive come to my house in last 2 week before . As the scheme was looking attractive, we purchased SIM (Worth Rs.99/- each).

We filled up the forms and gave all the necessary documents asked by him om 09.02.08. He told that by Tuesday (12.02.08), we will get verification calls and after that your new SIM cards will get activated.

But, till date no verification call has come. When my friend and me contacted on the no. 9987275464 (Executive no Nilesh Avhad) given by him, we got repeated reply that Nilesh Avhad(Executive Name) the no is temporary out of service msg. And when I enquired to Airtel gallery they are told me this no is no registred. The executive (Nilesh Avhad) given me a postpaid no 9987575824 but till date its not activated i enquired to airtell gallery but the executive people not coopearting with me .
    SIM NO 8991923000086984156
    DUAL IMSI 404929308698415
    Mobile no(Given by nilesh avhad) 9987575824
    Packing Date 12/01/2008
    Packed By Bharti Airtel Limited
    i have registred this card to Mr. Nilesh Bhirud (Ghatkopar)
    I have given this him 99rs cheque he told me that this card is a 2% cota of a goverment employee.
    Kindly inform me wht to do and whn my no is activated.
    In case my cheque is clear so wht can i do....
    Please inform me as early as possible.
    The plan of this scheme is
    199 rental
    199 rs call free
    airtel to airtel local -30ps
    airtel to other local -50ps
    airtel to landline local -1rs
    sms 100 free
    after 50ps per sms .

So please inform me regarding this plan n above mention airtel sim no in details & also inform me when this card will be activated.
    Waiting for reply

1st of Oct, 2008

I am using a Airtel Prepaid custmer. I have Low Cost Rate in my Cell.
    Any Scheme Please Send on my Email Id. chetan_koli@ymail.com

• Dr
      14th of Nov, 2008

The hopeless service, Airtel really sucks... Their response towards customer is very poor, since two months i have repeatedly complaining for daily double deduction of money for gprsmo from my balance, but nobody can solve my problem, such a useless people those who are working there from hot line to call center and call center to upper managing directer level.

26th of Nov, 2008

Dear Sir,
    I have taken unlimited Airtel landline connection 6 months back. Most of the time connection is not working. We have complained to you so many times. They are giving every time different excuses. Now you have disconnected the connection due to non payment of bill. We have explained our difficulty to your executive Mr. Ankit (mobile No. 9867570833). He gave us discount of rs.500/- for this bill and assured us to give Rs.500/- in next bill. He has taken cheque from us and assured us that he will start connection on same day. But till now our connection has not restored. We asked Mr. Ankit about connection but he told that he has to talk to Dehli what is problem. Now he is not coming on line. Your account fellow told that due rs.500 short we are not able start the connection. We like know what we shall do. Shall we go to consumer court? We need your answer immediately. Otherwise we proceed further.

Satish manjrekar