Airtel India Lifetime Prepaid Scheme / fraud with the customers

I have Airtel lifetime prepaid card with daily decrement of Rs.1.50 with local call charge at Rs.0.49/min. with a Rs.1400/- one time payment. It was launch in March'07. Just to capture the market they had launched the scheme. Now just in three months Airtel are going to hiked and double the call rate to Rs.0.99/min. from June'07, which is a totally fraud with the customers. As when the scheme was in the market at that time there where many other scheme of different service providers much beneficial than this with the hiked rate, I (and many others) would have opted for that. Means Airtel policy is that introduced scheme with low call rate with high one time payment, capture the market than where are the customers going to go as they have paid huge amount for the service which Airtel is not going to give Refund. And than Airtel says we are largest subscriber with counting millions of customer with such fraud scheme.

N  12th of Sep, 2007 by

Dear Airtel Officials,

I have purchased Nokia mobile phone at Saidapet during end of May'07.

As per the scheme, in case I purchase the mobile phone for Rs.1700/-, I will get Airtel prepaid sim card with 2 years of incoming calls free.

Further, if I recharge for Rs.200/- immediately, I will be entitled for 1700 minutes of talk time free within Airtel network within Tamilnadu. Also, I will be entitled to make calls to other network/land lines for Rs.60 (something).

As such I have purchased the above and while I made calls to, other network Rs.1.99 deducted per call (even if is of 10 seconds).
whereas the shop keeper sold me saying that 1 minute per call!!

Again, All of sudden from the lats week (8.9.7)onwards I have been barred services by Airtel. While I came to know I was shcoked and contacted customer care service, they said you have dipped the instrument in water! I have not dropped into water and if it is true, How could it can talk to you from the same number? Then they said I would have removed the sim from the mobile!

I neither dropped into water nor removed or opened the mobile from the day one!

I am surprised, even it is opened where is the question of withdrawing the above services?

It is 100% cheating in aplanned way and cheap means of doing business by Airtel.?

Though I communicated the above Facts, I have been withdrawn the total services (no incoming calls/no outgoing calls within Airtel network) from 08.09.07.

I request Airtel higher officials to look into this and restore my services with immediate effect and allow me an additional talk time (100 minutes) to other network due their negligence in the services being provided.

Unless otherwise I will seek Indian legal forum for necessary remedy for the cheating/my mentol agony!

99520 70384 (air tel prepaid) mobile number
N  12th of Sep, 2007 by
I need immediate action!
N  2nd of May, 2008 by
hello sir i have one airtel life sim card and i will bring my card with me here to kuait and some my friends also but they getting sms from india but i will not getting sms from india why?????????

N  2nd of May, 2008 by
hello sir ..i am hameed from kuwait. i am working here in kuwait and i have one airtel life sim card and my friends also ...they are getting sms from india in life sim card but my sim card not show any network and not getting nay sms from india why ???????????? can u reply me

N  14th of Aug, 2008 by
good afternoon,
dear sir,
i have airtel lifetime sim and i bring it to kuwait and after entering kuwait i am not recieving any network.so will you pls advice me that in what circumstance i can get my sim started???????????
D  15th of Aug, 2008 by
airtel completly sucks.
airtel is ###all.
### their ### hole.
better to purchase other cards other then airtel

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel