Airtel India / recharge vouchers and local call rates
I am an airtel delhi user since march '06. The problem these days i am facing, is the talk time given on recharge vouchers. Earlier if anyone got his/her account recharged for,say, rs 50,the talk time value used to be 44 rs. N there used to be no processing fee applicable for recharges below rs 100.
But now, the talk time on a rs 50 recharge is just rs 36.50. And even a processing fees is applied. What the hell is this. We pay up 50 rs. And the talk time is around 15 rs lesser than the recharge value. I agree that the service tax has increased but it hasn't increased that much.
Secondly, airtel promotes its new schemes for std/isd. 56% cheaper roaming rates. But less is worked upon towards reducing the local call rates. Now a local cal to airtel costs rs 1.20. And evn a msg costs re 1. Even if i go for a sms value card, then the problem is my call rates don't reduce. Only sms does. And i cant go for 2 value cards at the same time.
For eg. The 69 rs card in hutch gives sms at 20p, calls to local hutch at 49p, and to other mobiles at 99p, and std at 1.32 rs. And in airtel the 69 card is nothing but a waste. Sms costs re 1, local airtel to airtel costs 60p, to other 1.20 rs, and std is 1.65 rs.
Now i just want say to airtel, why ths greediness. At least think about the normal local calls sms using customer.
More Airtel India Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - barred outgoing calls to other networks
- Bharti Airtel - my sim has been allotted to someone else
- Bharti Airtel - services
- Airtel - for massage not out last one year
- Airtel Secure - airtel secure