Airtel Gprs Connection / unable to access the facility on pc!

I purchased a prepaid connection of Airtel because i intended to use the edge advantage that airtel provides. I got my Mobile Office services activated however till date didn't manage to access the facility on PC. I can access it on mobile. I've tried it on almost 3 different handsets, still none of the customer care agent is able to help me with computer settings.

I've spend 3-4 hrs a day since last 15-20 days on phone with customer care with no solution. Agents are so confused about the product & services they offer. Cannot explain even a single point correctly, always in hurry to wrap up the call and same case with the managers/supervisors. I don't know what they do if they are not cleared with the concepts.

Airtel without fail deducts Rs. 12/- per day and it has charged me hell lot of money till now without giving me the services.
They even don't know what to do if they are unable to resolve any case. Not aware of the correct dept. where they can escalate the issue. Also looking for refund for no service.

That was it, when I decided to write a complaint against this. It's just not working out - the attitude of the staff, how ill informed they are... what are they doing there in customer care department when they cannot cater for customers complaint, else don't even know where to direct them or guide them, properly.

I can't understand whom i should approach to get my problem solved. Now as a last resort i feel that the best thing to do is to give up my airtel connection.

Airtel India's Number One Service Provider!!!

If this is Number One - NO COMMENTS :(...

A  1st of Jul, 2007 by
After activation of gprs service on mobile. Now i want to connect my mobile with pc through data cable so many times we have called to airtel helpline 121 12121 but we didn't get any help. So many times we register complaint.
A  4th of Sep, 2007 by
I entailed the NOP99 service from airtel. One day when i was trying to call, i was surprised to find out that my balance is not sufficient to make a call. Then i checked by balance. I was surprised to know that rs. 140 had been deducted from my account. I was not able to make it out. I called 121 but whenever i talked with the customer care executives, they got my phone disconnected. I made several attempts but not success. then one day i got success and when i asked them why my money is disconnected, i have not downloaded anything. they said you call us again then we will solve the problem. i called them again they said we have no idea why your money is deducted and said call call 121 again and give me other option. i again called on that option. They said we do not know anything we have not made deduction call 121 again with other option, they will solve your problem. In this way they made me to call from one option to other option of 121. i feel like sandwiched between two options of same 121. Then i was surprised to know that my airtel live is active, which i have never subscribed for and also my mms service is actives, which i never called for. i asked them they said do not worry these are free sites unless used. but i have never subscribed for them, they said call again 121 they will tell you why. i have been constantly harrased by them. i am fed up what to do or not. i want some legal action against airtel. they are bloody thief.
D  18th of Sep, 2007 by
I activate my Airtel GPRS connection 02 days back till i am not getting setting for that. I wasted my money. till date i not received setting for my mobile Nokia 5200 setting
N  20th of Sep, 2007 by
go to customer care and ask them the settings...i got settings from them and got activated within an hour after calling them.....call them dont sms
N  23rd of Sep, 2007 by
i activated my airtel GPRS conection 4 days back till .and i am do not conected my mobile to pc i am call to customer care for many times but no result my no 9975321619
N  23rd of Sep, 2007 by
i wish to connect internernet on my pc through datacable .but i dont know how to connect to my pc so please help me . i am waiting to your e-mail.
A  30th of Sep, 2007 by
I m unable to disconnect/deactivate my GPRS plz help me .
D  6th of Oct, 2007 by
dear sir,
i have a airtel connection no. 9896456430. i was not able to connect internet due to bad signal of 'g'. many time i was complained in gprs help line. everytime they give me a time either 48 hrs or 72 hrs. but problem not solved in last on date 02.10.07 they give me 15 days time. i was facing this problem from 13.09.07. finally i was decide to deactivate my gprs service. if any management are there please see the matter. my complaint no. is CMMGPC091802510100 & reference no. is 0918025101. this is not a good sign for airtel.

anuj jindal
N  26th of Oct, 2007 by
After gprs facility on mobile. I have not get any setting so I cannot connect gprs. Many times I complain in costumer care but no action taken. So please solve my problem.
A  6th of Nov, 2007 by
How can I am change my Airtel prepaid new tariffs for my old sim card.
N  12th of Nov, 2007 by
I have Airtel prepaid. I want to connect internet on my PC through data cable SE W700i. I dont know how to connect to my PC so please help me .Thank you for your time. Awaiting for your replay.
A  30th of Nov, 2007 by
Hello, plz give me more information!
A  13th of Dec, 2007 by
I agree!
A  16th of Dec, 2007 by
1.I connect to internet using cell phone (sony E. K750i). I use Bluetooth for connecting the computer to cell phone. I use Airtel, unlimited internet facility (GPRS). I registered Airtel GPRS package that provide unlimited net connection for computer.
2.My problem is, my cell phone clearly connect with computer through Bluetooth, but I connect internet, I get below error
"Registering your computer on the network Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated." My cell phone also displays "Subscribe data packet first". But, I can easily browse internet on cell phone using same package. I am not getting "Subscribe data packet first” error.
N  5th of Jan, 2008 by

Airtel GPRS Connection - airtel gprs not working

Airtel gprs is not working properly for the last 15 days. i registered a complaint 12 days back my complain number is 122420655900 but still am facing the same problem. i registered my complain on 24th dec 2007 they said it will be solved withing 4 days again after 4 days i contacted airtel they said it will be solved in 2 days... Again on 31st dec 2007 i contacted airtel the said gprs will work proprly from 3rd january 2008.

my gprs is still not working am still facing the same problem .
calls to customer care executive has been blocked by airtel. i am really fade up ...
please help ...
A  18th of Jan, 2008 by
My problem is, my cell phone clearly connect with computer through Bluetooth, but when I connect internet, I get the error below:-
I am using a Nokia N72 phone. If you have a solution plz forward it to me on chhetripy@rediffmail.com
A  21st of Jan, 2008 by
Yes, I do agree with the Poor or say No service from the Airtel. I have tried for GPRS Service on my PC from my phone but it always go fail in minute of time, I think, Airtel Should be sent to some good service provider or in some Good Countries like USA to see what actually customer means to a Company, the way they are moving will terminate them from India.

" Customer is a reason for their sustain, if they will reduce them, everyone can guess what can happen soon or later"

I hope Some sensible authority can do something about this.
A  10th of Feb, 2008 by
My mobile office is very very slow in daytime i called gprs customer care they told it will be solved in 72hrs but still i am facing a big problem as i am a business personal i need to check mail oftenly.
A  16th of Feb, 2008 by
hello friends, i am using Airtel gprs on my w700i. when i use this service on mobile its connected well. but when i connect with my pc the internet speed is very low. any one can help me to increase the speed of the internet. 9940334614
N  22nd of Feb, 2008 by
Call 121 ---- ringing then publicity abt Their new packages and then choose your
Language selection.
1 for Eng 2 for Bong 3 For Hindi if some one prefer bong then she/he must listen a huge welcome , then you choose your particular quarry step by step by AirTel ‘s choice, ok No problem then finally a option comes for direct talking to your Customer Care line connected Nicely and then you listen “ write your problem within 130 words and send it 121.

Now you choose language option English , Same uninteresting Publicity ‘ve to listen By default then step by step finally you reach GPRS problem/quarry person in that time you may finish your news paper or play some nick knack pc game,
GPRS CC appears with his blizzard voice with their helping attitude ,
My name is this and that how can assist you , you are asking your probs
They said ok. Which hand you use? What’s your number ? (Thank God not ask Sim no.)
And finally they tried like that
Go to Ur handset tool Folder ok?
Now Go to setting option and open it ok!
Hope you must see access point ok
Now Open it select new access point choose Select default connection .
Now come to previous stage You must see ‘Connection ‘ typed MOBILE (Space)OFFICE and fix it by the help of ok.
Now go to Data bearer section select gprs and access point name fill it airtellgprs.com. ok?
Yes, nothing to do user name+ prompt password+passward.
Did you see home. Typed it http://google.com
Ok,now switch off ur cell after 15 mins refill ur sim