Airtel / airtel live vas card

1 India Review updated:

This is in reference to your newly launched scheme of offering free vas card worth rs 500 to all your customers which enables them to download free multimedia contents worth the same amount from your airtel live vas card zone up to 30th june 2008.

I too received a vas card no. 6136798 from your side as per your promotion. I logged in the airtel live vas zone on 05/06/08 using the card to download some contents on my mobile phone. I first tried downloading a ringtone but an error message appeared stating “services: page not found”. I then tried the other ringtone but the same message appeared again. Then I checked my vas card balance and found the price of the contents I tried to download was deducted from my balance without me receiving any content.

Finally I had to call up airtel technical support helpline, as I was not entertained by the normal customer care executive, I registered my complaint (No. 18994034 dated 05/06/08) and was told to wait for 24hrs to get my problem solved and get my content on my mobile phone.

I didn’t received any satisfactory response till 09/06/08 from your side, and on the anticipation that all your services would now be working fine I tried downloading another content (Game) from your airtel live vas zone. But the things were the same and so was the error and even my card balance was reduced.

So I was forced to call again to technical support helpline but no results yet. They gave another complaint number [protected] dated 09/06/08) and asked to wait for 48hrs. What I inferred from this whole incidence was that there are just web pages on your airtel live vas portal offering content description of content and no multimedia contents to download. This whole scheme of airtel for making new customers is just to making a fool of it’s present customers.

I am now completely frustrated with such a poor customer support service and the useless promotional scheme. I want you to take the above matter seriously and send a written reply on how my problem will be solved or else I might have to take some strict action.

Ankush jain,
Delhi.

An

Comments

• As
      4th of Jun, 2007
    Airtel / VAS - Airtel has deducted Rs 15/- for VAS from my balance!
    India

Airtel has deducted Rs 15/- for VAS from my account and i even don't know what VAS is!

So please tell me what is VAS download. Someone tell me what i should do for stopping this.

• Hi
      5th of Aug, 2008

jaane kya ho gaya hai iss mausam ko!?
    dhoop hai zyada chandni kam hai,
    aa"ina dekh kar Khayal aaya,
    aaj kal un kii dosti kam hai.

• Dr
      22nd of Aug, 2008

This is reference to the GPRS airtel live service you are providing on the airtel connections, with which we access net. Iam facing problem in accessing the internet from past 3 months. I contacted several time to your customer care department available on line 12118. They always promised me that my services and all my complaints will be corrected within the stipulated time of 72 hours. Till date no corrective results appeared. I would like to emphasise the Last time i talked to your customer care executive. When the given time of 72 hours elaspsed, i contacted your concerned department and again remind them about the problem, i was shocked to get the amswer from them. Perosn who was sitting on the other side was admant that she has corrected the problem. despite my refusal she was surprisingly admant about this.

After that i lodged her complaint on your some complaint no. and talked to your executive, again i was surprised to see the falling standards of the bharti airtel, company that revolutinised the telephone industry in india. She too was adamant and told that she has no idea about why it is not working there as it is properly working as their computer are showing. I was totally blank when she inpite of the fact i was very well in communication, she has ok sir thanks for calling...what is this...customer is lodging the complaint and on the other side somebody says ok sir your problem is rectified and thanks for contacting airtel. She told me to change the phone...surprised to hear.

Now when your service is not working properly in the area kalkaji, particularly in Alaknanda and more specfically on my computer, i am forced to surrender the connection if my complaint will not be corrected within the 72 hours. this is the last time iam contacting the airtel about the problem.

Thanks

Dr. Mukesh
    Delhi

• Ni
      26th of Aug, 2008

I got Airtel Live Vas card with my july'08 bill after 15th of Aug'08.Card no is 7392094.Validity period mentioned on the card is till 30th june'08.

How i will be able to use this (claimed to have Rs500/- free access to ringtones, wallpapers, jokers, videos, songs etc.)