Airtel / bill payment issue
II was having a postpaid connection of airtel (Airtel Number) [protected] from last 2-2.5 years and have been making a regular payment online through internet
I carried the number with me when I went abroad and made a payment of my transaction in Nov 2007 after which I did not made any payments as I did not receive any bills.
I changed the address and gave the contact number of my family for any issue/concern when suddenly I heard that a lady named “Simran” from airtel is calling them and harassing them continuously
I talked to the lady from USA couple of times and asked her to first open my online account so that I can make an early payment but she said it is closed and she cannot, then I asked her to send the copy of my bill at my email id for verification. Similarly I had a talk with the customer care representative While I was talking with the lady named "Simran" from airtel customer care service and was dealing with the issues through email with someone name 'Anil Kohli" from airtel(mail id email@example.com) my parents panicky informed me that some lawyer has called up and had asked them to made a payment as some case has been filed against me at teeashazari court in delhi and there will be lot of issues if I don't make the payment. My parents hurriedly made a payment of [protected](Bill amount)+1300(lawyer fee))
Can somebody from airtel tell me as why these happened when I was trying to make a payment, I did not got the chance to verify the details before which my parents had to forcefully made a payment and why I had to pay the fee for the lawyer when I was not escaping from making a payment How can I make a payment if don't receive the bill I don't validate it.
This is sheer harassment since I am not in India and airtel guys were harassing my parents those who don't know actually what happened.
I want someone from airtel to reply or otherwise I will take the case to consumer court for mental harassment and forcefully issuing a case against me and taking the money
More Airtel Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - to disconnect landline/broadband connection 
- Bharti Airtel - network registration failed
- Bharti Airtel - allotting my airtel no to someone else
- Bharti Airtel - lane line and broadband services 
- Bharti Airtel - outgoing call issues