Airtel / making fool of customers!

1 India Review updated:

I got two Airtel connections of Airtel and so as my colleagues. The executive told us that it is a corporate connection and we will not be charged if we make calls in the group and we can also send SMS between the group. He also told us that we can make STD calls at a cheaper rate when compared to others. but to our surprise we found that our connections were not corporate and we were billed heavily. Many of us sent many mails and called the Airtel customer care, but it was of no use. So we decided to not to pay the bill amount until and unless it is billed appropriately under corporate connection rates. These people do anything to sell their products. They play all this type of cheap tricks to sell their products and if we do not pay the bill they send notices. Something must be done to stop this kind of activities.

Regards,
Paul Samuel.

Comments

• Ad
      8th of Jan, 2007

Recharge doesn't give full talktime as mentioned! Less validity than mentioned at the website. A definite tool for fooling customers.

26th of Apr, 2007

I took an airtel prepaid lifetime connection with my phone. I have some complains against airtel...

1. (i) While roaming in chennai i was charged rupees 4 per sms (but i should be charged rs for a sms of 130 words). I told them to solve this problem but 121 the customer care of chennai told me that they can do nothing because my connection is from westbengal. (ii) At that time in chennai when i was trying to call 121 the voice told me to sms my query to 121 (toll free) number [i have the sms from them saying it]. But when i sms them i am charged rupees 2 for that SHOCKING for me.

2. While my uncle took the same type of connection of airtel 3 years ago from mine but as mine his lifetime time expires at 01/jan/2025. And my question is why i not get that extra 3 years though i took a LIFETIME connection.

3. Today 26 apr 2007 i got a strange massage saying that i have downloaded the a r rahman's song as my hello tunes. But the shocking part is THAT I DIDN'T ORDERED IT !!! When i tried to call 121 or 9933099330 it told me to sms to 121. I sms them but i get a massage saying that i have subscribed to airtel hello tunes service and i was charged rupees 30/month for that service and rupees 15/song.

4. When i called to the airtel for asking what was the speed of airtel internet the man other side harasses me and talked ### with me. I have a computer degree in software hardware and networking FROM NIIT. I am using bsnl broadband, reliance mobile's internet together for many years and THAT KID TOLD ME THAT I AM A FOOL, A NONSENSE AND I AM A NOOB TO THE COMPUTER WORLD and CYBERWORLD. SHOCKING ISN'T IT ??

Thanking YOU,
    Hope you will convey my anger to the ### NET that doesn't WORK in the world.

• Ka
      29th of May, 2007

I know the trick to make airtel GPRS for free! Contact me i will tell u the my no. is 09860019817 this trick 100% working on pc or on ur fon u just have to activate airtel live AND MMS that is absolutely free to activate.

• Na
      27th of Nov, 2007

I am cheated for 56 rs. Easyrecharge by saying 35 mins STD call free... But not seen in my balance inquiry. Also my balance shows 5.85 balance and still I am not able to call any of the number. Also I have been blocked to call customer care. What a hell this is? Do something gr8 to avoid this harassment. My mob no is 9892050824.

• Ra
      13th of Jun, 2011

I have a airtel prepaid mobile number from Delhi region, This time I am in Bangalore. What the airtel do, they activate any service and charge from talk time, they even dont send me any SMS as information. When I try to call 121 they say call at 09810198101(Delhi customer care) for that they charge STD call rates, after a long wait, customers care representative comes on call and disconnects call after 5-10 seconds or say should have complaint same day when money was deducted.