Airtel / false commitments and misguiding - stay away from airtel!

India Review updated:
Few days back I took a new postpaid connection of Airtel from an authorized Airtel franchisee (V-Connect, Faridabad). This franchisee provides corporate connections in my company. They offered me a scheme of Rs.998/- advance rental with free CLIP (caller identification) and a STD pack of Rs.25/- for reducing STD charges to Rs.1/min. for first 250 minutes per month. When I got first bill for the period from 10th march to 20th march, I was surprised that CLIP was charged and no STD pack was provided, my STD calls was charged at normal rate of Rs.2.40/min. When I called up customer care regarding this they told me that there no such scheme and the guy from V-connect made me false commitments. Then I called up V-connect and told this. V-connect told me that this is corporate connection and these schemes can be provided and assured me that these services shall be provided and discounts shall be provided in next bill on extra amount paid by me in this bill. After few days again I got a bill for the period from 20th march to 30th march. This time around CLIP was charged, STD package is activated and Rs.25/- was charged for that. But STD calls are charged at the rate Rs.2.40/min. I again called up CC and got reply that STD pack is activated on 29th march, so STD calls made before that period were charged at normal rate. Then I decided to write a mail to CC regarding this and explained that same services are mentioned on my enrollment form filled at a time I took this connection. On 17th April I got mail from CC that they can’t adjust STD charges but they will give adjustment for CLIP charges. Again I wrote a mail to CC for adjustment of STD charges and this they gave adjustment. I paid my bill of Rs.279/- which was of around Rs.750/- before adjustment of STD charges and CLIP charges. Now I received the bill of April month and again CLIP are charged and STD pack is deactivated. The best part is when I called up Customer care regarding the clarification they told me these schemes are not available on this rental plan and the STD pack was active only for one day i.e. 29th march and this is not a corporate connection. Add to my surprise no body in CC aware about why these services were provided me and discount was given. They registered a complaint and forward it to there billing department. Now from last four days I got calls from different people from Airtel. Everybody asks about the problem & assures me to resolve this issue and some times offer different solutions (like change in plan, Adjustment can be given only for this bill etc. etc.). I am fed up with the CC services provided by Airtel. I have to spend more than 30 mins every time I call CC and still hang up without a resolution. This number has really become a tension for me and it is still not clear if V-connect made me false commitments then why Airtel give me discount and activate these services for previous month. These CC people are ridiculous they talk as if as they can do any thing with customer’s account.

Due to this unnecessary trouble I am completely disturbed and not able to concentrate on my work. I am unable to understand that if these services are not available on this rental plan then how these where activated for previous month and how they give me discount in that bill.

Isn't it illegal and harassing act of Airtel? So I request you all to stay away from Airtel.

Muneet Singla

A  19th of May, 2007 by
The similar thing happened to me also. I wanted to make my STD call cheap thus I went to the gallery and the shopper suggest me to activate STD costdown services. At that time I did not have much balance but she said it will activated after I recharge. Then I recharged and called up to the other state and it supposed to cost only Rs1/ minute but it charged normal Rs2.4/m. I was surprised and called up to customer care and asked and came to know it could not be activated in my validity scheme. However the lady never told me it cannot be activated. Therefore I wasted some amount of calls and CC told me in my case I can apply different scheme for make STD call a little bit cheap.

I cannot understand why this kind of thing happens and why all the service scheme were reveal to the customers in written materials otherwise we are not aware of which scheme we are belong and what limitation we have.

They should clearly mentioned those service schemes and shoppers must aware of all the confusion of customers.
N  14th of Jul, 2008 by
I want to lounge a new complaint against the unsatisfactory services you are providing, Your customer care executives are highly bad behaved people, without any manners, An immediate step would be appreciated.
N  2nd of Mar, 2010 by

house road)6km from mehdipatnam hyderabad.. further details contact mohammed ishaq

9966069149.., 9849885876 email ishaq_pashu2001@yahoo.com indipendent house in hyderabad .

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel