Air New Zealand — bad customer relations
Planned holiday in New Zealand from Australia. Booked flight from Christchurch to Queenstown and return with Air New Zealand early 2010. Earthquake hits Christchurch a few days ago. The kids are afraid to go to Christchurch. Jetstar were great and allowed us to cancel the flights from Australia with a full refund. In fact that was the policy about the earthquake they published on their website. We phoned Air New Zealand and asked if they would do the same thing and they refused outright saying that we paid 8 service fees (Two adults and two kids on a return flight) of $15 we could defer the tickets. So the best they can do for the $600 plus tickets they expect us to forfeit is that we pay another $120 to use the tickets another time. This is not much good to us as we live in Australia and have canceled the trip. Next time just fly Jetstar and give Air New Zealand a miss.
More Air New Zealand Complaints & Reviews
- Air New Zealand - unpleasant experience 
- Air New Zealand - poor service
- Air New Zealand - unfair service 
- Air New Zealand - premium economy rip off
- Air New Zealand - flight attendant who needs to understand that all passengers are not the same.
- Air New Zealand - carry on luggage 
- Air New Zealand - bad behavior of air new zealand flight attendant and pilot
- Air New Zealand - original flight cancelled and connecting flight miss-booked
- Air New Zealand - united airlines flight
- Air New Zealand - praise for staff member craig at wellington airport