Air Canada / Aeroplan Card / Points were canceled without notification!
I have been a Aeroplan Card holder since 1993. At that time I was using Air Canada for business trips and the point system seemed like a great way to save up for free trips.
I had hoped to save enough points so that when I retired I would be able to go on a nice Holiday. It is now 2007, I am now retired. I hadn't used my Aeroplan card since 2002. I phoned the 800# to see how many points I had... they said 0. I found my 2002 statement and it showed 36,835 points. I phoned them back and they said if your card was unused for 3 years that the points were canceled and the only way to get the points back is by buying them. A starting fee of $30. Plus 1 cent for each point I wanted back... that would be $398.35 (Ca). I was shocked to say the least. I asked why they hadn't notified me of this cancellation. They said it was posted on their website. So much for my retirement holiday. The decision is do I pay the money or has anyone found a better way to deal with this problem?
Plz advise smb!
More Air Canada / Aeroplan Card Complaints & Reviews
- Aircanada.com / Aeroplan - Aeroplan sucks! 
- Air Canada - unwarranted change in itinerary 
- Air Canada - possible food poisoning 
- Air Canada Aeroplan Support Carlson Marketing - Redemption Rewards Services 
- Air Canada - delays resulting in miss connection
- Air Canada Flight 688 - lost baggage 
- Air Canada - pre paid seats
- Air Canada - such a rude airline (air canada)
- Air Canada - business class
- Air Canada - overseas flights