AIG Travel Guard / Fraud

I booked my Frontier airline ticket from Atlanta to Orange county, CA with AIG Travel Guard insurance and for which I paid extra $10. but due to some health reasons when wanted to postpone my ticket for 2-days, Frontier airlines that is selling this AIG Travel Guard insurance on there website, they said that they have no connection with AIG Travel Guard. furthermore, when I contacted AIG Travel Guard, I was told that this reason of your ticket postpone is not covered in the insurance... don’t u think this thing is worst than ***... and like day light robbery... so, I would recommend you not get capture this FRAUD by AIG Travel Guard in the name of INSURANCE and I think it should be a BIG SHAME for FRONTIER AIRLINES AS WELL... If you need further clarification, do give me a call at [protected] because I don’t want you to be a target of this FRAUD BY AIG Travel Guard...

Va

Comments

• Wm
      7th of Apr, 2008
    AIG Travel Guard - Will not honor policy!
    AIG Travel Guard
    Vermont

Purchased travel insurance from AIG Travel Guard when purchasing flight tickets from skybus. AIG says no longer affiliated with Skybus because Skybus no longer in service and will not honor policy. Typical insurance company takes your money but will not provide service you pay for.

• Ju
      18th of Aug, 2008

I have been trying to get reimbursed for a ticket after having to make a flight change due to death in the family. I am not getting anywhere with them and no hope of doing so. My first time to purchase Travel Guard Insurance and my last!!

• Vi
      26th of Feb, 2010

I won't burden you with my tragic story but take my heed and do not use Travel Guard, they are rip off artists, they require a library full of documentation to even qualify for a review to see if you are eligible to receive the reimbursement YOU PAID FOR. And I mean you have to have every receipt every conformation number, every doctor, every hospital, every every every. Then they take months to review and won't even talk to you unless it has been 5 weeks, ( I am serious) says so right on their form! Then no matter how much proof you have or how many doctors that verify and even write hand written notes to re-verify they will refuse to pay you. Don't bother wasting your money! And what is really sad their premiums are huge, so you pay top dollars for nothing. However a small portion of our trip I booked on Expedia and their insurance was cheap and they instantly refunded my money, no questions asked. They are cold hearted bigots and if I could figure out a way to put them out of business I would write a million of these.

• Cu
      30th of Apr, 2010

I wish that I would have seen this before I booked my trip on book it with Frontier Airlines and had option for travel insrance through travel guard. Last minute flight changes done by Frontier and the changes didn't fit into my schedule and was too late to change my schedule. Been on phone for 2 1/2 hrs and NOTHING!!!Great vacation!!

21st of Dec, 2010

Travel Guard Company have no intention of doing what they are paid for, that is, insuring passengers. I took out a deluxe insurance package when I was due to fly to the UK. My flight was cancelled due to inclement weather. My package had cancellation insurance, but when I tried to claim the insurance, I found that it covers anything BUT inclement weather. Of course this is not disclosed at the time of purchasing the insurance. The straw that breaks the camels back is that they will not even pay you back the premium that was paid, DESPITE it not having been used. A disgusting scam. I will certainly pass around my advise to avoid this company like the plague to all my peers who fly regularly.

8th of Feb, 2011

Travel Guard IS a scam.

We had to re-schedule our flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Montreal in September when we learned of a family health related emergency, after disembarking in Fort Lauderdale. The policy was purchased 2 months prior to us receiving that information.

We submitted the medical information from the attending physician and a certificate of death due to unexpected causes. We live 3000 miles from where the deaths occured, (both my brother and sister 2 days apart) so it was rather difficult or us to obtain all the information Travel Guard wanted but yet we did and it still wasn't enough for them!

Does anyone know what our options might be?