Petplan Pet Insurance Logo

Petplan Pet Insurance

Having problems with Petplan Pet Insurance?

1866 467 3875 (Customer Service)
3805 West Chester Pike, Suite 240
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Petplan Pet Insurance.

Complaints & Reviews

Petplan Pet Insurancebilling

Petplan has been fraudulently charging me since my enrollment in May 2019. I brought this to their attention and they initially refunded me. I then cancelled my plan due to their poor coverage. They then turned around and deducted over $700 from my account without my consent. Nor did they notify as to why this happened. I am now fighting to get my funds returned to me and NEVER deal with me again.

PetPlan Insurancepet insurance

Uses tactics to deny claims and has not paid a single claim. Beware of this insurer.

I adopted a rescue dog who was in excellent health. My dogs see the vet for all their shots and regular checkups and bloodwork to ensure they are healthy with no problems. Just after I adopted my dog he was given a full blood panel and review and given a super clean bill of health. About 6 months later he developed a lameness in his back legs so off to the vet we went. I asked about lyme disease because it was summertime and I had just been diagnosed with lyme disease having seen the tick on my arm and the bullseye lesion about 12 days later. Turns out he had contracted lyme disease. He was on frontline but it's been less and less effective in this area so we switched to bravecto. My dog was treated with antibiotics for 3 months and his legs improved and returned to normal. Needless to say the vet bill were high due to necessary blood work and monitoring over this period. I submitted a claim and it was classified as a preexisting condition. No coverage. The vet had suggest a teeth cleaning when he was checked out for the lyme disease and we agreed once he was healthier we would take care of the cleaning. Submitted the claim for cleaning which ended up with some teeth needing to be removed. Again, submitted the claim. Three times I submitted the paperwork and PetPlan tells me they can't read the information and it's been cut off. I emailed them a PDF not a fax so their stalling was another problem. I would pull up the document on my computer which was fully intact and not cut off and send it. Finally I called and complained and said I would send them the document one more time still as a PDF that was fully intact. If they gave me the same story I told them I would report them. 5 days later I received a claim denial in the mail. Today I cancelled this coverage. It's a rip off.

Petplan Pet Insurancerate increase

I have had pet plan for 4 years . I filed a claim today and called to change my address . I had moved from the city to the country, a much better area. Was told my rates would increase due to the move. Can't tell you how upset iam we are retired on a fixed income and that extra $10. A month just can't be covered. It really bothered me so I went online and asked for a quote for the same breed and age that I purchased your plan at the new address, and the rates were lower then what I originally paid at the old address. Can you explain that to me?

Petplan Pet Insurancebreach of contract and theft

PetPlan not only refused to pay for services outlined in their contract but they also used deceptive practices to continuously to charge my credit card for policy payments for a period of 7 months after my dog died and the policy was canceled. When I finally inquired about the unknown charges I was told it was for pet insurance and when I contacted PetPlan they couldn't provide an answer but offered partial reimbursement that would take several week to process.

Sep 18, 2018

Petplan Pet Insurance — unreliable insurance, beware

i have adopted my pet by november 2015 and immediately got a plan with petplan. i have NEVER requested...

Petplan Pet Insurance — euthanasia claim denied

My dog's Petplan policy specifically stated that euthanasia would be covered if it resulted from an emergency...

Petplan Pet Insurance — Insurance rate hikes

I have had insurance with Petplan for about 5 years. The rate last year was $582.24 for the year, $200...

Pet PlanChanges in costs

My dog has been insured with Pet Plan for over 10 years. Just received a letter that my month premiums were going up ten fold, and my Annual deducible was going from $200 per condition to $500 per condition...so now my annual costs will be $2, 400 per year premiums plus the deductible. The most egregious thing is that in this last year my dog has developed a chronic Illness, and all other insurers will consider it as a previous illness and won't cover it. So essentially after more than a decade of paying premiums, I can't stay insured with Pet Plan, or get insurance with another provider.

Petplan Pet Insurance — Reimbursement for veterinarian visit

I took my ACD to the vet in August where she was diagnosed with Valley Fever. They took xrays and blood...

PetPlan Insurance — Collects Premiums with NO Intention of Ever Paying Claims!

For many years this company has been telling prospective customers their cats and dogs need not get an animal...

PetPlan — Insurance

I'm very disappointed to discover that your company is deceptive. My recent claim for allergy-related...

PetPlan Insurance — Rejected claim

Petplan is a complete SCAM!!! DON'T BUY INSURANCE FROM THEM!!! I have had Petplan for over 4 years and have...

Petplan USA — Scam Artists

After paying for this insurance for 1 solid year, totaling over $500. I called to get a quote for coverage on...

PetPlan — Bad insurance

I purchased PetPlan insurance in June 2012. For my 2 dogs an adult male basset hound and puppy pit bull the...

Pet PlanTurned down on Claim

I never had insurance on my previous dog and he was a healthy 16.5 year old when he passed away but when I got my new puppy decided to take out insurance with Pet Plan - having had him for a year the vet contact them regarding a claim regarding a hernia and some dental work. They now have turned down my claim saying this was known - this is not true the hernia was not spotted until he was nearly 2 months old and although a comment was made when he was first examined that he had an undercut jaw - this is normal in the breed - this is not the reason why he needs to have two teeth removed this is because they have not fallen out. Having paid over a year's worth of premiums at a high rate I am not impressed with their denial to settle what should be covered - as no exemptions were made at the time of taking out the policy. Wish I had gone to another insurer - not impressed with their attitude

• Su
                SusieRob Dec 08, 2009

Pet Plan - I took out insurance on my dog over 1 year ago - now that I have put in a claim they have put exclusions onto the policy backdated to the beginning because of characteristics of his breed and excluding all dental work. In trying to resolve this for the last 3 months - I have been continually insulted, talked down to, racial comments were made to me, it is currently in the hands of the complaints department as I know that I have been mis-sold this policy as when trying to reinsure the same type of dog once again no exclusions were going to be immediately actioned. Vets won't fight for you because although 9 out of 10 recommend Pet Plan this is because they get a backhander from the organisation to do so Even the lady I spoke to today at PetPlan has not even got insurance for her dog she explained that having purchased a pet once should have the responsibility to pay all vet bills oneself - somewhat strange as PetPlan say that you are responsible by taking out insurance!!! Obviously she knows the reasons not to insure your pet! - especially with the organisation she works for!!!

• Po
                PomMom3 Apr 13, 2010

We are responsible for paying all the pet care bills, but I understood that PetPlan would reimburse me for illnesses and injuries. Instead, I got the run-around.

PetPlan Insurance — Defrauds customers

I purchased my PetPlan dog plan on June 9, 2009, pre-paid for quarterly coverage and was charged after the 24...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices